Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

please help me brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please help me brainstorm

Alison, just checking in to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Hugs,

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Alison,

This is the first time I have seen this. I didn't push enough with my first son, and went through 6 months of torture. I breastfed him evey 2-3 hours during the day and night until he was 6 months old. Around 4 or 5 months I thought some thing wasn't "normal," however because he had not lost any weight from 2 to 4 months the ped wasn't concerned. At 6 months I was at my wit's end, and really pushed for him to get on Zantac. Ds was still waking up every 2 hours at 6 month.

From 6 to 9 months ds had dropped from 3% to -3%, BUT he was eating a lot more, and his copious spitting up had stopped. We continued with it until he was 12 months.

I hope you find an end to this soon. I would listen to your gut and push a little bit more.
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I know you are very busy (and sleep deprived!)!!! I hope things are getting better. I'm keeping you in my thoughts! And checking this thread a little compulsively...
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I got dd an appointment with a GI in 3 weeks. You were right about not getting an appointment right away...

We bought dd Enfamil Nutramigen which is something like $1000 for a 16 oz can of powder (I think this is what Moonlight buys for her dd). I kid. It's $30 for a 16 oz can. She only likes soy formula right now (I think, because it doesn't taste like the other lactose-free formula that gave her lots of pain). Soy isn't recommended for reflux kids, and she spits up a lot after feedings.

I'm pooped, but manage to squeeze in naps here and there.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the appointment. Now, if it were me, I would call the receptionist and let her know that you would like to be on the cancelation list. That way if something opens up sooner...
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
              I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the appointment. Now, if it were me, I would call the receptionist and let her know that you would like to be on the cancelation list. That way if something opens up sooner...
              I did this.

Thanks for looking out for me!

Dh just got home. Early! So, I've handed off the crazy one to him, and am browsing tinyprints.

Comment

[QUOTE=alison;468146]I got dd an appointment with a GI in 3 weeks. You were right about not getting an appointment right away...

We bought dd Enfamil Nutramigen which is something like $1000 for a 16 oz can of powder (I think this is what Moonlight buys for her dd). I kid. It's $30 for a 16 oz can. She only likes soy formula right now (I think, because it doesn't taste like the other lactose-free formula that gave her lots of pain). Soy isn't recommended for reflux kids, and she spits up a lot after feedings. [QUOTE]

....... I didn't know that about soy and reflux kids... good to know. I was thinking about trying her on some soy just to see if she could take it. As you know the Nutramigen is crazy expensive. My Dd is on powder Similac Alimentum. The price is the same as the Nutramigen. Our Ped told me it was the same stuff but Dd seems to like the Alimentum better.

If you end up keeping her on the Nutramigen feel free to PM me. I've come across a good discounted website. And, no, it's not ebay! LOL! I haven't tried that option just yet.

Again, I feel your pain Alison. Annabelle had a really bad day of spitting up and choking today. Hopefully we'll both have a good weekend.
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Soy is really bad for spitting up. And the stuff stinks! Ugh!

The thing is that dd doesn't like the Similac "flavor," so she'll eat the Similac soy formula, but none of the other stuff (regular, sensitive, sensitive rs). She's alright with enfamil. I've tasted all of them. In the early stages of trying to figure out what was wrong, I'd even tried drinking formula out of one of her bottles to see if there was some sort of chemical reaction with the plastic in the nipple that made the formula taste foul. I would have to agree with her that Enfamil tastes better.

Which website do you use? I'm interested! Dd drank 4 oz of Nutramigen tonight. That's the most she's had in one feeding in weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                    Dd drank 4 oz of Nutramigen tonight. That's the most she's had in one feeding in weeks!
                    Yay!!!!

Comment

We ordered from www.babywuvinc.com last Saturday and we received the order Wednesday morning via FedEx Ground! Free shipping on orders over $100. It was all correct and in good condition. The company was good about sending out a conformation email and the tracking number as soon as it was sent. It's shipped from NJ. It might take a bit longer to get to you in CA tho.
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Thanks! Diapers.com will price match and I get their stuff the next day (free delivery at $49). I don't know if I want to buy a huge amount, but rather a can or two each week. Dd eats less than 20oz in a day right now, and I've got so much formula that I bought on sale and likely will never use. So, I've got to do it by the can unfortunately.

How's Annabelle?

Comment

Alison, you can donate that to ANY women's and/or children's shelter near you. We're always desperate for diapers and formula.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                            Alison, you can donate that to ANY women's and/or children's shelter near you. We're always desperate for diapers and formula.

Jenn
                            I asked at a children's shelter here, and they won't take anything that has already been opened, but I'll donate some that are still closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X