Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Constipated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dog crap on the sidewalks. GRRRR. Makes me so mad. We have found the culprit in our neighborhood-- a teenage *dog walker*. My friend and I are constantly on the lookout for her to chew her out on this one. She has been conspicuously out of site since my friend saw her leaving a big pile of dog doo in the play area and started yelling at her...

and I don't know where my post went about the mom dropping the sippy cup contents in your stroller, but really? Why didn't she clean it up? I hope she was at least mortified.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

The dog sh*t pissed me off. And I can tell that it was a big
      dog. Grumble.

My stroller has been through a lot these past two days. The mom used my burpie to wipe up the tires on my stroller. And then she tried to dry dd's hair. Gasp! Don't go cleaning tires AND then my kid. Double grumble.

We all survived to tell the story though.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

What a clueless mom.

Peggy

Comment

My daughter is constipated right now (I think from her antibiotics for an ear infection) so I'm glad to hear this advice! Prune juice, here we come
          Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Be forewarned, and make sure that diaper is on securely.

Comment

Originally posted by Finding Equanimity View Post
              My daughter is constipated right now (I think from her antibiotics for an ear infection) so I'm glad to hear this advice! Prune juice, here we come
              Really? I'd always found antibiotics to have the opposite effect! Start slowly with the prune juice, or you could have a serious mess on your hands (literally and figuratively).

Comment

Uh oh, Shakti & Alison... thanks for the warning! Maybe it wasn't the antibiotics? She had the flu at the same time as the ear infection so maybe it was the flu. I don't know, she's never had this problem before.
                Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

If she had the flu, she might be a little dehydrated and that would do the trick. My kiddos have always had looser stools after antibiotics kick in.
                  Peggy

Comment

Dd was constipated again, and I gave her some leftover Gerber pureed prunes that I had. Holy crap, you guys. What a mess. She's very happy now, but just make sure you have those diapers on snuggly. I just spent a good hour de-poopifying her and her changing table.

Comment

LOL Good to know! Sorry for the mess you had to clean, but glad she's feeling better!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Just jumping on the prunes bandwagon over here. Big fan over here. BIG fan. They make for some crazy poops, but crazy poop is better than no poop.
                        Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Really messy! Sometimes I wish my dd was a ds, because there are SO many nooks and crannies. I had a 15-wipe cleanup the other day (+ or - a wipe or two). Ugh!

Comment

Working...
                          X