Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another challenge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. The 4:48 was for me this morning. My 15 year old sleeps w/o his binky , but my mommy alarm woke me up early because I realized he had his first day of baseball today and needed dinner to take with him. (practice until 7:30 pm tonight). I got up to realize that my mommy instinct was dead on and I was out of sandwich stuff....so I was at the grocery store (in pajama bottoms LOL) at 5:30. Suckage. See, the sleep thing is forever an issue! LOL

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We tried everything, and she just wouldn't stop crying... So, I lay her in her crib, tried to give her her binky (she was too upset to take it), and left her to cry it out. Uffff! That made me almost sick to my stomach! I returned to the living room, shut off my end of the baby monitor and could hear her screaming.

A lady at the playground said that her son cried for 2 hours straight before he fell asleep. And that's what I was bracing myself for.

Dd cried for 7 minutes, and passed out.

))))
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Thanks for that heartwarming story Kris. Good to know it never freakin' ends.

Alison - Glad to hear that Miss M gave it up eventually. It is so hard, isn't it?
        Kris

Comment

7 minutes isn't too bad. I don't think I'd be able to tolerate 2 hours.

Comment

We've started letting R CIO at nap time in the hopes it will help at night. So far it hasn't - he's now sleeping in 3 to 3 1/2 hour chunks at night regardless of what we do, how much eats before bed, etc. Several books say 4 1/2 months to 6 months is not a good time to sleep train because of other developmental stuff they're going through. So I guess we'll wait...

Hang in there Alison, I would take 7 minutes in a heartbeat!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm not big on CIO, because when dd cries, it's always been for a pretty good reason. I want her to know that we're there for her, but I'm pretty sure she knows we'll stick around if she cries long and hard enough -- till last night. It feels like your'e getting punched in the gut!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
              X