Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Disposables rec needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposables rec needed!

I really liked the Pampers swaddlers and Seventh Generation disposables. It appears that something dd's eating is causing her severe diaper rash -- I've got to change her Seventh Generation diapers every 1.5 hours or else she gets a really red butt. It's the Seventh Generation diapers, because yesterday, when I used up the remaining Pampers, her booty cleared up.

We use cloth when we're at home, but when we're out and about, we use the disposables.

Which Huggies do you all use? What's the difference between all of them....?

TIA
    married to an anesthesia attending

We use the Huggies Snug & Dry - I've tried the other two on Robert and they seem to work best.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
      I really liked the Pampers swaddlers and Seventh Generation disposables. It appears that something dd's eating is causing her severe diaper rash -- I've got to change her Seventh Generation diapers every 1.5 hours or else she gets a really red butt. It's the Seventh Generation diapers, because yesterday, when I used up the remaining Pampers, her booty cleared up.

TIA
      It's not what she's eating, it's because the diapers don't have chlrorine or whatever to absorb the pee. I used chrlorine free for a time, but got tired of constantly changing a diaper or risking a diaper rash. No advice on the Huggies, I'm not too picky about what type we use.

Comment

I've used Huggies Snug and Dry on both boys and they've worked well for us. DS#2 seems to be prone to diaper rashes, but they're related to things he eats.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Up until now I've only used Pampers Swaddlers. They just felt much softer to me than the Huggies I tried. Zoe's never had any problems with diaper rash (seems to have a pretty resilient butt) so this week I decided to try out the Target brand of diapers since they're so much cheaper - and I love them! I had already switched over to Target brand wipes several weeks ago. I'm a total convert. Don't think I'll be going back to the Swaddlers purely based on cost.
          Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Re: Disposables rec needed!

I'm using the Target diapers right now for Kai. And Huggies GoodNights for overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We're using Huggies Snugglers. We've used the Preemie, Newborn, Size 1 and now we are on Size 2. We've never had a problem except when he's between sizes -- leaks out when they are too big, blows out when they are too small so pick your evil.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We use the Huggies natural care. They are more expensive but don't irritate Evangeline's bottom.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                  We use the Huggies natural care. They are more expensive but don't irritate Evangeline's bottom.
                  So funny! I bought those thinking they'd be an easier to find substitute for Seventh Generation, and hated them. As far as the rash being due to the lack of chlorine to soak up the pee, I've found SG to be far more absorbent than Pampers or Huggies, and my ped once told me that pee didn't normally causes rashes - it's sitting in poop (if it's caused by either -- there can be lots of other reasons for rash, obviously).

Comment

S is in cloth at home too. My sister converted me to the Target brand. Sophie's bottom is pretty sensitive. Even if she is just wet, she will get a rash from disposibles and we haven't had any noticable issues with Target or Walmart brand diapers.
                    Kris

Comment

Alison-

OK the caveat here is that things are a LOT different now but my mom was never able to use disposables on my brother and me- we'd apparently have horrific diaper rash. My cousins were the same way, too.

Jenn

Comment

We use huggies supreme. I tried the snug & dry, but they gave DD a rash. At night, we use huggies overnights.
                        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Huggies supreme here, too.
                          -Deb
                          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We are using Huggies Supreme - little movers. I like the fit but I have a couple concerns. First they don't last through the night so I have to change him at some point during the night. Secondly, sometimes when I change him there are small beads of gel on his boy parts. This makes me nervous that it's going to make him sterile or something.

We didn't have either of these problems with Pamper Cruisers, however the new Pampers irritated him so we aren't using them any longer.

Bah to diaper problems! :/
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I bought a pack of Huggies Snug and Dry. They're so rough in comparison to the old Pamper Swaddlers.
                              I hope I can get this sorted out before my parents come. I was planning on letting them use disposables and have them put dd in a cloth diaper just for at night, because I don't want them to have to bother with cloth too much. We shall see.

Has anyone used Pampers Sensitive?
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X