Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Disposables rec needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Huggies Snug and Dry leak. Dd is a pretty lean bean pole and wears size 2 diapers at 8 months. Even just looking at the diapers, they just don't grip her bottom.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We use Luvs. I order them from amazon.com- its 35.99 with free shipping for 216 diapers. I love being able to order up some diapers and see them on my porch a few days later.
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

alison, we've also had good luck with the Target brand. Without going back to look I know someone else mentioned them.

I also had issues knowing how tight to put disposables on after getting used to cloth. You have to make the waist tighter then you think on A and R sometime the tabs are touching or overlapping.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yeah... But we never had leak issues with the Pampers Swaddlers.

In my parent group, one of the moms also mentioned Target diapers, and that they're very similar to the old Pamper Swaddlers.

Comment

I dont like that the target diapers have the big green and blue polka dots. They show through clothes too much.
            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I weighed dd today and she's 16 pounds. The good news is that she's finally doubled her birth weight; the bad news is that she's 8 months old! She's very long and thin, and I'm starting to think that no diaper is going to fit her, unless I figure out a way of getting one to grip her non-existent butt. The strange part is that she doesn't leak in the classical sense; she leaks up the front of her diaper right under her belly button.

The Swaddlers seemed to grip her in the right spot....

I'll keep trying here! I was hoping to get a reliable disposable diaper for dd in time for my parents' visit. Phooey.

Comment

They lose weight when they start really crawling and moving around, right? I could swear she's weighed within the 17-pound range in the past.

Comment

alison, Adele is only 25 pounds at 28 months. She is also tall and skinny with no butt thanks to her father! Did you try the target ones? I know trying all of these diapers can't be cheap. She is in a size 4 and her brother is already in a size 3!
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I just bought a package of Target diapers and they are awesome so far. They are snug around dd's thighs and butt and are so much softer than the Huggies. I can live with the giant dots. She leaked through every single Huggies diaper I put on her (up the front), and has had no leaks out of a single Target diaper. At less than $7 for a pack of 42, this is a steal!

Comment

So glad to hear that you found something that works!
                      Kris

Comment

Working...
                      X