Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Naps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief! How do you guys do it?!?! Dd seems to have finally settled on one nap (from around noon to 1:30-2). I feel like I'm running a marathon with her from the time she gets up until she goes down for her nap. I'm still trying to work out the kinks, but what does your schedule look like in terms of meals? I feel like since she's only sleeping one time now, that I'm constantly offering her food, and she's never hungry.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
      Good grief! How do you guys do it?!?! Dd seems to have finally settled on one nap (from around noon to 1:30-2). I feel like I'm running a marathon with her from the time she gets up until she goes down for her nap. I'm still trying to work out the kinks, but what does your schedule look like in terms of meals? I feel like since she's only sleeping one time now, that I'm constantly offering her food, and she's never hungry.
      I don't know - if you figure it out, let me know!! lol

Really, I just try to get one meal and one snack in before nap (usually breakfast and then a snack around 11). This is because DD tends to have her nap a bit on the early side (about 4 hours after she wakes up). Then, after nap, it's another snack - I try to make it a bit heartier like a lunch, but it's weird because it's usually at 2 or 3pm. Then, dinner and another snack after that depending on how hungry she seems. I just can't seem to fit a real lunch into her schedule.
      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what my problem is. It's like lunch is broken up into two snacks--around 11 and around 2. She's not hungry for either, because at 11, she's just had breakfast 2 1/2 hours earlier.

I

Comment

If it's only been 2.5h then just give her a snack before nap and lunch after. When mine were taking an early nap (
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We have breakfast at around 7:45, Lunch at about 11:30, then a snack after school/after nap (usually around 3:15), then dinner at 5:30 or so depending on the evening activites. Later if there's a hope DH will be with us and we don't have anywhere else to go, but usually he's not there and so we eat dinner early. That's what we've settled into- but Alison you are in a tranisition phase right now- so just try to be patient! You can do 6 mini-meals.
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Sophie will typically eat breakfast around 8 or so then lunch around 11:30. She naps then has a snack around 3:30 with dinner around 6. Sometime S adds a morning snack as well. But generally we don't have a bedtime snack unless she didn't eat a good dinner.
              Kris

Comment

They have both come back! I will never complain about her naps ever again... It's bliss!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X