Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite children's books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite children's books?

I want to get dd a bunch of board books for Christmas. Which books or authors did you like as a child, or which do your kids love?

My dd is 15 months old, and has the attention span of 2 milliseconds. Any recs?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Some O's favorites at that age & that he still likes are: Dear Zoo, Where's Spot, Goodnight Gorilla, Dinosaur's Binkit), The Going to Bed Book. Lots of Sandra Boynton (spelling?).
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Totally on the Sandra Boynton bandwagon. Not only are the books really cute, but durable as hell. Also, she has a CD/book combo of most of them set to music. It's called "Rhinocerous Tap". My youngest is 8 and I still occasionally find myself singing the songs.

Comment

Eric Carle (the very hungry caterpillar, brown bear brown bear), Matthew Van Fleet (Tails, Alphabet). Also Jack loved picture word books at that age where he could point to or say words he knew.

Comment

BOYNTON!!!! I completely agree, her books are THE BEST!! All of our kids have loved them (and dh and I like them too).
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Boyton too!

also, Harold's Purple Crayon

M should like pictures of faces. My little guy loves his baby photo book.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

The little girl I nannied was all about The Rainbow Fish around that age. My personal fave will always be Pat the Bunny.

Comment

Thanks!!! You guys are awesome.
                We have a lot of Boynton. They're great, I agree. The bathtime one is really fun for dd.

Comment

On the Boynton bandwagon too. Mike mulligan and the steam engine
                  Eric carle books
                  The little red lighthouse
                  Big red barn
                  Runaway bunny
                  The hat
                  The mitten
                  Those are a few of our faves!
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Dude loved The Little Engine that Could from the time he was two until just about last week. (seriously, I can do the entire book from memory)

J.

Comment

Jenn, I dreamt last night that i was reading one of dd's books to her. That's when I realized that I need some new material!

Are any of you familiar with Around the World with Mouk? I think it's one of those things like Where's Waldo, only you can sit with your kid and talk to him or her about what's going on in each scene.

Comment

Where's Spot was a favorite in our house growing up. I recently gave it to a friend for her son's 1st birthday, and she said it's been a huge hit.

We also liked Pat the Bunny (although looking at it now, I wonder what I was thinking) and the Max books (Rosemary Wells).
                        Last edited by oceanchild; 12-09-2010, 02:32 PM.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Not sure if these will be too old for your DD, but I love a book titled "Love you Forever".

My girls were big fans of any book you could sing to like 10 Little Monkeys.
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I've started a shopping cart on amazon. I've got 10 books, and should narrow it down a bit, although I plan on donating a couple, too.

Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

There is a Dr Seuss book about Mr Brown and all the sounds he makes that BabyK likes. I don't remember the name.
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X