Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

This is me being ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, the bottom line is you're providing her w/ nutrition- that's your job. How and what the nutrition is- as long as it's not grape soda- you're likely doing fine.

Remember, my dude never had breast milk and he's 1) too smart for his own good and 2) normal height, weight and obnoxiousness. (and was institutionalized for 13 months in the NICU/Orphanage!)

Relax and enjoy that baby.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
      Stop the madness and enjoy your baby. Nursing does NOT make you a better mom. Repeat to yourself: NURSING DOES NOT MAKE ME A BETTER MOM, FORMULA DOES NOT HARM MY CHILD. I AM A ROCKIN' MOM AND I LOVE MY BABY, PERIOD.
      That should be a mantra for EVERY mother (nursing and not!).

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
        Stop being stupid. It is okay. You have done everything you can for her. She does not need breastmilk in order to be your perfect DD. You will be happier if you quit, which is better for her.
        What she said. 2X.

Comment

I pumped for over months and couldn't take it anymore. DD had a allergy and never got to the point that she could tolerate my milk. I felt the same guilt over stop pumping. I slowly stopped, over the course of a couple weeks. Got down to once a day and then stopped. After I stopped I felt so free. I had so much more free time, it was a burden lifted from my shoulders and I really thanked myself for stopping. You have done the very best for your child. You are a great mom for sticking with it this long!
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Totally ok to stop whenever you want. I've had enough after 6 months and didn't even have any problems with nursing, pumping or milk production, just go sick of being a milking cow quite literally. I have to agree that the feeling of freedom was great. Anyone could feed DD at that point and I didn't have to be in pain and rushing home while in the middle of errands. The best thing you can give your daughter is a happy well-adjusted mommy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
              Totally ok to stop whenever you want. I've had enough after 6 months and didn't even have any problems with nursing, pumping or milk production, just go sick of being a milking cow quite literally. I have to agree that the feeling of freedom was great. Anyone could feed DD at that point and I didn't have to be in pain and rushing home while in the middle of errands. The best thing you can give your daughter is a happy well-adjusted mommy.
              This is me now! I'm done and want my boobs back. He won't take the bottle but my feeling is whatever makes mom happy will eventually make baby happy
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Okay so I am down to pumping only twice a day now (formula the rest of the day and she is still nursing before she goes to bed). I feel much happier and relaxed already. I wonder how long my milk with last at this rate haha. I am slowly coming to terms with this....

Comment

I hated pumping - there's no way I would have made it as long as you have. One thing you could do (if you like nursing, but hate the pumping) is when it is feeding time, nurse her for as long as you/her want, and then top her up with formula. That way, there is no pumping, but you still have the nursing experience (that is, if you like the nursing). If I had been unable to get my supply up, I think that is what i would have done rather than pump and bottle feed.
                  Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Working...
                  X