Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Preschooler Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does she have a light in her closet? My two oldest kids sleep with their closet lights on, and it seems to help a lot.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

No She can't crawl over a gate but her room is right off of the main living space so she'd be hearing everything if we left her door open. Unfortunately her closet doesn't have a light.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My kids would have been scared to death to have the door closed when they were trying to go to sleep. I would leave it opened and then close it when she falls asleep. I would just avoid introducing another problem like fear to the mix by closing the door on her. I would rather walk them back to their room 12 times. But it will get better, seriously it will
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Mine have always slept with a closed door. If she had one in MN, it's not really an introduction. If her door was open in MN, then I'd agree w/what Tara said.

Comment

She has always slept with a closed door, but the lamp gas been on. But she got a new lamp and it is way to bright to convey sleep so we need a dimmer bulb I think.

Comment

It's kind of weird, but the best "night light" I've found for DS is my cell phone charger. It's dimmer than any night light I've tried.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

See her night light isn't bright enough IMO and the only ones I can find are those LED ones, I want the old fashion ones with a real bulb that put off a real light but they don't see to sell them anymore. We'll see what I can find for a low wattage bulb.

Comment

How about a lamp with a dimmer switch on it? I know those could get hot but maybe they make them now with LED bulbs or something similar?

ETA: you could add something like this to your regular lamp http://www.touchandglow.com/product-p/s-323.htm or this http://www.amazon.com/Lutron-TT-300N...pr_product_top
                  Last edited by Pollyanna; 07-21-2011, 02:10 PM.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I found some old fashioned ones at Wal-Mart, sort of in between hardware and light bulbs. You might also check Amazon or BRU for cuter ones.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                      I found some old fashioned ones at Wal-Mart, sort of in between hardware and light bulbs. You might also check Amazon or BRU for cuter ones.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of "old-fashioned" bulbs is a Portland "thing". When I visited there a few years ago, there was talk of charging people for plastic grocery bags if they didn't bring their own reusable ones.

Comment

No I haven't looked here, I couldn't find them in Rochester. My closest Wal-Mart is 20 miles away so I'll look somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                          My closest Wal-Mart is 20 miles away
                          Now *that* is probably a Portland thing...
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Daegan has the clock that changes color to say when he can get out of bed (if only it worked that well....). But my point is that it's rather bright. And some parents complain that it's too bright for their kids. Works well for D who is afraid of the dark.
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                            X