Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Crib tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crib tent?

Have any of you used these? Do you have any recommendations for a specific brand?

TIA
    married to an anesthesia attending

I just bought one at Wal-Mart but haven't installed it yet. There aren't a lot of options for crib tents. I couldn't even find one on BRU on-line.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We need one asap. I just ordered one at amazon to get here tomorrow. Dd is refusing naps and bedtime has become a two-hour long nightmare of her crawling out of her crib and finding us.

We tried to give her a car nap yesterday, because she badly needed one (after sleeping only 8 hours at night the previous night...). It resulted in her kicking off the mirror from the seat in front of her. It broke off at the hinges. She has also ripped off her sun shade from the window. There is no way that a toddler bed and locked door are going to help. She would destroy her room. And by this, I mean cause a lot of damage!

Comment

Holy moly Alison, she is giving you a run for your money!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yeah--she's not pleading a good case for a sibling!

She was able to get out of her car seat on Friday while I was driving (Britax marathon), so one of us sits in the back with her now. She knows exactly how the buckles work and releases work. I hope she forgets soon....

Comment

There are a couple of good tricks to get kids not to unbuckle (she probably is so happy to have someone riding in the back seat with her that she might unbuckle on purpose if someone is driving her alone to see if she can get a backseat companion). With my kids, I've always taught them that if they're unbuckled in the car, the car won't work. It pulls over and stops, and then they have to be in the car longer. On some versions of the marathon, you can turn the buckle backward so she can't get to the button because it's toward her. You could also try to put a piece of velcro on the buckle because the bumps make it uncomfortable to press on. Just some thoughts. You definitely have a feisty one!
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We have the same rule. If you unbuckle the car stops. Hang in there Alison.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Years ago, I remember my aunt TYING my cousin into her carseat because she would escape. She told her, look at the pretty bows! You look so pretty! Seemed to work...
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I think I'll go with the pulling over and stopping strategy. Thanks! She's a little young to understand why exactly, and doesn't view stopping the car as punishment. But I can see it working in the upcoming months.

I've always sat in the back with her, because it was one of the only ways she would eat anything... It was probably more comfortable for her when she had reflux as an infant. She would only eat in a moving car. Sigh. It's honestly just easier to sit back there with her.

Comment

We used a crib tent for both boys who started crawling out of the crib at 19 months. I can't remember which brand -- sorry! I LOVED them. It took the choice OUT (to stay or not to stay) of bedtime.
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I've been calling around to find one in a store, and can't get ahold of one. I got flack from one store: "we would never sell something like that." whatever, asshole. I suppose you enjoy getting up 2843892919 times a night and sleep naked in a self-woven hammock. Freaking earth moms.

I ended up sitting in a rocking chair for 2 hours while dd napped. 25 pounds of hurkin' toddler.

Comment

Ugh. I just saw some on Amazon.com. Maybe you need to invest in a big recliner for her room too.
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Been there... I'm sorry. I really hope the crib tent works!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Parental judgement is totally out of line!! Good luck finding one!!
                            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Doesn't One Step Ahead carry them?
                              Tara

Comment

Working...
                              X