Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mommy freak-outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
    Did I mention she HATES DH She will be perfectly happy and within 2 minutes of him having her, she's crying. Breaks my heart.
    That's so hard! Has he tried doing the 5 S's? Maybe using a white noise app or song on his phone while he holds her. Has he stayed at home alone with her while you go out for an hour or two? I hope she warms up to him soon.

Laurie
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
      That's so hard! Has he tried doing the 5 S's? Maybe using a white noise app or song on his phone while he holds her. Has he stayed at home alone with her while you go out for an hour or two? I hope she warms up to him soon.

Laurie
      He's better at the 5 S's than I am (as far as remembering to employ them - I get stuck swaying and shushing!). I haven't had a "break" in probably over 6 weeks...

I caught him reading an article on "Loving the high-needs baby" He actually did her bedtime routine with her tonight and put her to bed. He's on Trauma, so he's stressed to the max and already suffering from low self-esteem...she's not helping
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Aww, that's so sweet!

Laurie
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Don't worry, your DH isn't the only one that has difficulty with fussy babies. I think it freaks them out. J didn't want me to leave today when N was crying and we couldn't figure out why. I think he feels powerless without the magic breasts
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
            Don't worry, your DH isn't the only one that has difficulty with fussy babies. I think it freaks them out. J didn't want me to leave today when N was crying and we couldn't figure out why. I think he feels powerless without the magic breasts
            I wouldn't feel so badly if it were just his ability to calm her...but she could be 100% happy, and she goes nuts within a few minutes of him holding her :/
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

It's not that she hates him. She just prefers mom right now. My DS only wanted me for a long time. He was such a fussy little guy who just wanted to nurse all the time. With DD the trick to soothe her fussiness was bouncing on the exercise ball. I spent hours on that thing but at least DH was able to take over sometimes. She was/is much less mommy-obsessed.
              You are very smart to have a bedtime routine that Dad can do too!!! I had to put DS to bed every night until he was 2 and you'd think I would have been smarter the second time but nope - still nursing DD as a last step before bed.

Comment

So here's an update - had our appointment yesterday. A is at 5.02kg - 11th percentile. The dr isn't worried though...

She is much happier with DH, and he is much more confident with her.

She can hear just fine - she gets a huge grin as soon as she hears "if you're..." when I start to sing "if you're happy and you know it"

We stopped her reflux medication yesterday to see how she does. 48 hours - so far, so good.

Our new issue is poop The past three days her poop is paste-like and today she hasn't pooped at all and is having the nastiest smelling gas. It's always something...
                Jen

Comment

Working...
                X