Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The witching hour/Dinner Prep with kiddos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
    What is the nanny doing while D is sleeping (I do realize she's not a good sleeper)? Is it possible she can throw something in the crockpot for you?
    D cannot be counted upon for more than a 20 minute nap 2x/day. Occasionally it's more than that but I can't count on it. Nanny makes her lunch during one of those times and cleans up toys/preps bottles/washes pump and bottle supplies during the other. She definitely earns her keep! So I just think I should handle it myself probably. Plus, I don't want her doing anything that could force her to split her time at all - I want her undivided attention on D.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

You are being such a good mom by trying to allow the three of you to spend at least a hour together every night eating dinner. When she gets over a year old I think it will mean more to her in building a closer bond with her dad. Right now... hummm. How do I say this?? She just isn't as aware of the comings and goings. Maybe a couple nights a week go ahead and skip the family dinner time and get her as settled as much as you can. Couple time is just as important as "family" time.

I didn't realize how little she naps during the day. How often is she up at night? Not judging, just wondering.
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
        I didn't realize how little she naps during the day. How often is she up at night? Not judging, just wondering.
        Every 2-3 hours. And she is HANGRY (hungry and angry if I don't feed her) when she wakes up. We've tried sending DH in there and she goes from crying to SCREAMING if it's not me because she's starving. Screams like he's stabbing her. It's absurd.

I also do think she's still refluxing a bit. She'll sometimes wake up with 15-30 minutes of a feeding to spit up and then go back to sleep but hopefully that'll die down in the next couple of months. It's still within the bounds of normal.

So, yeah, lots of sleep going on here between intern year and the insomnia-wielding terrorist that is my child.

But then I didn't sleep through the night until I was 3...so this is somewhat genetic.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

We used to have dessert with my dad when we were little. He got home late so we had dessert at the table with him while he ate his dinner. Not really practical for a
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            But then I didn't sleep through the night until I was 3...so this is somewhat genetic.
            Who knew sleep patterns were genetic, right? Our kids definitely take after us, too.

I was thinking... I know it's more expensive, but could you just buy frozen, already chopped veggies? That can save a lot of time, and the frozen ones are almost identical to fresh nutritionally. We are big fans of the Steamers frozen vegetables, too.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Who knew sleep patterns were genetic, right? Our kids definitely take after us, too.
              That would explain why N has a penchant for staying up past 11 (or midnight) HAPPILY playing (no grumpiness at all ) and why I have to drag her a** out of bed in the morning. And if she takes after her daddy, why doing anything with her within 15 minutes of waking up is just a bad idea.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                That would explain why N has a penchant for staying up past 11 (or midnight) HAPPILY playing (no grumpiness at all ) and why I have to drag her a** out of bed in the morning. And if she takes after her daddy, why doing anything with her within 15 minutes of waking up is just a bad idea.
                This is us. Well, most of us. DS is the only freaky weird morning person, but that doesn't kick in unless he wakes up by himself. If we have to wake him, whoa Nellie. Watch out.

Comment

Working...
                X