Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gaining Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah, I can't believe she's standing! My DD (2 weeks younger) is NOWHERE near standing. Her cheeks weigh her down.

ISS (Idiopathic short stature) is actually a medical dx. But you have to be really short and demonstrate growth hormone insufficiency, etc.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
      So being short is a medical dx now?
      Aparently! I laughed when I saw it.

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
      Woah, I can't believe she's standing! My DD (2 weeks younger) is NOWHERE near standing. Her cheeks weigh her down.
      Really she stood for like a second. I picked her up to re-seat her for the pictures after she had squirmed and slid down, and in doing that she put weight on her legs, which is normal, but she leaned back on the chair just enough to stay when I let go. I moved out of the shot very briefly while hubby took the picture, and then I caught her right afterward. I think it's probably easier for her to sit and stand in general though with so much less weight to carry around than the average 6 month old.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Just thought I'd update - E is up to 13lbs 5oz, and almost in the 2nd percentile! All that extra milk and solids must be working. She's eating like a champ - she has 3-4oz of purees 3x/day, and she eats finger foods every night for dinner (usually steamed veggies, sometimes fruit), and I've started giving it to her for breakfast now too (usually fruit, although she loved her scrambled egg yolk over the weekend). It's hard to believe she eats so much sometimes, but I'm glad she's doing well!
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
          Just thought I'd update - E is up to 13lbs 5oz, and almost in the 2nd percentile! All that extra milk and solids must be working. She's eating like a champ - she has 3-4oz of purees 3x/day, and she eats finger foods every night for dinner (usually steamed veggies, sometimes fruit), and I've started giving it to her for breakfast now too (usually fruit, although she loved her scrambled egg yolk over the weekend). It's hard to believe she eats so much sometimes, but I'm glad she's doing well!
          Yay! I am still amazed at how much food my kids can fit into their little bellies. They often eat more than I do!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
          X