Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Car seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a marathon and the boulevard and the difference is minimal.

The radian is just nice because you won't have to buy a new seat in 3 years if your kids are as big as mine
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The Radians are not great for newborns, right?

If you don't have LATCH in the car, there's a new Britax line that's supposed to be super easy for seat belt install. I would LOVE easier seat belt install in my old car.

The rap on the Marathon and Boulevard is that they're not super long lasting for extended rear facing (height limits, mostly). You can decide how important that is to you. We have a Marathon and like it fine. I far prefer it to the cheaper Evenflo Triumph that we have in the other car (a Forester, I might add ). I was able to snag the Marathon for under $200 on a good Target sale.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Another thought: get a second base for the infant seat and worry about picking a convertible later.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Car seats

I dunno how the Radians are for newborns, but I think they do technically fit them. Id still prefer a carrier for that stage. I think they would be fine for an older baby though. There is a lot of insert padding that we removed for N
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Just wanted to bump--if anyone is still trying to decide on a convertible, the Radians are about the same price as the Britax seats on Amazon and a couple other sites right now. They are normally $100 more, so it's a good time to make that decision!

Comment

Albee Baby is running a good deal on them, too (30% off).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
              X