Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Biting Toddlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not a bad idea. I'll make sure to ask when a good time to visit would be. N would love that.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

It really helped her conceptualize the hospital and where Daddy works.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Doc McStuffins has done wonders for the too
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Notes from DH every morning for the kiddos made a huge difference for us, even if they can't read. The note is simple and on a Post-it but it reminds the kids that daddy is thinking about them every day even when he isn't home. Dh did this nearly everyday of residency and each of the kids have some of those notes saved.

Eta: it's one note addressed to all the kiddos, not individual notes
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

That's sweet -- and luckily not a note for each kid! That would take awhile. We did bedtime phone calls, too when it was really rough. We'd set up a large-ish window of time and he'd call when he had a chance to tell them goodnight. In fellowship, I swear he didn't see them awake more than once a week. His hours were crazy for a year or so - like leave at 4 am, return at 10 pm. Repeat. No way a 1 year old and a 5 year old were fitting in to that without some major sleep issues setting in as well.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My DH does origami for dd. We have a huge spread, which is beautiful until you remember that each one is a day he didn't get to see her. It made a big difference in her life and she stopped asking whether Daddy came home. :O
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                My DH does origami for dd. We have a huge spread, which is beautiful until you remember that each one is a day he didn't get to see her. It made a big difference in her life and she stopped asking whether Daddy came home. :O
                Love that!!!!
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post

I thought: no, don't bite a toddler. They don't taste good and are often covered in dried snot.
                  Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                    C likes the ball machine in the children's hospital.
                    Can't blame her - that thing is pretty cool.
                    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X