Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

SIL volunteered DS to model/advertise bibs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIL volunteered DS to model/advertise bibs

SIL has a client who just started her own business making designer/custom bibs. I've seen her facebook page, they are cute.
    So I got an email from SIL today saying she asked this lady for some samples of bibs for DS,, which she is sending this week. She asks if I can give feedback and take some pictures of DS in the bibs.
    Now, maybe I'm making a big deal out of this but it doesn't sit right with me. I'm assuming SIL is helping this lady with marketing etc. because I know she does this on the side. SIL is in sales and very good at it.
    I don't like that this is something she volunteered DS for without asking us first. I don't want pictures of my baby online advertising bibs, although I guess I'd be ok with a couple of pictures in a Facebook album or something, I don't know.
    She doesn't have kids so maybe she didn't think about the online presence thing. She said her client thinks DS would be adorable in them. But, she's not charging for them so I feel like there's a catch.
    I don't want to cause problems for her by just refusing. Should I get something in writing saying DS won't become the poster boy for these bibs? In fairness, the little girl advertising them now is way too old to be wearing them so I'm concerned that they're looking for a new model and his picture will be all over her facebook page. At the same time it would be kind of nice to help her kick start her business.
    I haven't mentioned this to DH yet. He would probably say no outright and cause war with SIL so I'm trying to find a compromise and keep the peace. WWYD? Maybe I'm making too much of it but we're pretty private people.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

I'd just say no, but I'm pretty big on privacy, especially where my kids are concerned.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

That's weird. I'd say, "no", too.

Comment

Why not just ask what shw intends to do with the pictures? Maybe even lightly ask, " his picture is not going to end up on a billboard or all over the Internet, is it? "
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I guess I don't really see the issue....?
          If you don't want pics of your ds on the web then just say, "wow, thank you so much, the bibs are beautiful but we don't want ds image used for advertising."

None of it seems weird to me.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            Why not just ask what shw intends to do with the pictures? Maybe even lightly ask, " his picture is not going to end up on a billboard or all over the Internet, is it? "
            I was going to but I realized that I don't quite trust her answer. She puts her entire life on Facebook and doesn't really get our need for some privacy.
            You guys are right though, I will just say no.
            P, I guess the issue is I have a hard time saying no to my IL's, especially since we live closer to them now The drama that ensues when I do... They just want what they want and don't consider anyone else.
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
            X