Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

School's OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School's OUT!

Ryan's out on June 2nd. A Tuesday. What's up with that?

I am so ready for him to be done. I love having him home!!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
      I just didn't catch the spirit of the whole thing, I guess.

I don't get it, either. Really, 5th or 8th graders should just be happy they're moving to a different school. The whole Pomp and Circumstance is a bit much, if you ask me.

Comment

Ds finishes 5th grade on June 3 and dd1 finishes 4th grade on June 11th. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Can't wait!! We are leaving behind sixth grade and third grade. Both kids will be moving to new schools next year. I'm anticipating some adjustment time.

We don't have promotion ceremonies (yeah!) but we have "clap outs" with all the parents lining the sidewalk and the kids walking out of the building at the end of the day to applause. They have this only for the last grade level at each school; sadly, each of my kids will be leaving a building this year -- and the clap outs are ten minutes apart in different parts of town. So - DH has the afternoon off. We haven't decided who gets to clap for who. I'm so glad I noticed this dilemma at the beginning of the year and made DH schedule the afternoon free!!!
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Emma's last day of K is May 29th, and her K graduation is May 30th. Next year I will have a Kindergartner and 1st grader. Our charter school is considering a full day option which I might do with Brigham, so I don't have to drive to the school three times a day.
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

In the fall I will have a 2nd grader (YIKES!) and a 4 y.o preschooler who will attend 1/2 day.

Now that the girls are out and my day lacks structure, my inner night owl has kicked in and I feel like I'm slowly becoming nocturnal!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

DD will start preschool this fall and DS will be in first grade!

Comment

Working...
                X