Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

a sure fire way to piss of your kids Kinder teacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a sure fire way to piss of your kids Kinder teacher

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
    I suppose if you want to be really snarky about it, start requesting that she fill out a separate daily progress report for your child and send it home each day with him. What? She doesn't have time for busywork? Neither do you.

:>
    this is priceless!!!!

izzy's teacher does the highlighted sig thing, steven's doesn't, but then steven's been signing for me since kinder, so i don't really know... just have joshua sign (a squiggle will do).
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

he will ask me almost every night if he can sign it. maybe i should let him???

kris
      Seriously....just ignore the teacher. It isn't worth it. I hate to say this (not wanting to scare you) but this is small potatoes when it comes to school stuff. Consider it an initiation into elementary school and then put on your seatbelt.
      i know, i know... :bummer:
      it just pisses me off. i can't explain why. it just does.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Oh...no NEED to explain why you feel pissed off. This mom of 5 will be the absolute most unpopular mom EVER when Zoe hits school. I guess the school will have to get over it.

Listen to this: The person who has been the 1st grade teacher for both Amanda and Alex and who was a huge help to us when I was sick (Alex was in her class that year) informed me that she doesn't care whether I'm in school, working full-time or what...when Aidan and Zoe are in her class, she expect me to take an entire day off once a week to volunteer in her classroom all year long. I was shocked when she said this. There was a silence and then she said "you OWE me". Seriously, I appreciated all of her help...I truly did...but I owe her?

She is going to be sooooo disappointed...and I'm not even going to feel guilty.

It is ok to embrace your inner bitch now instead of waiting until the system catches up with you. Of course...I've had a beer, so don't listen to me!
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, do they have to go to her class? I wouldn't volunteer either. A whole day a week? No way.

What a piece of work...
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
            Listen to this: The person who has been the 1st grade teacher for both Amanda and Alex and who was a huge help to us when I was sick (Alex was in her class that year) informed me that she doesn't care whether I'm in school, working full-time or what...when Aidan and Zoe are in her class, she expect me to take an entire day off once a week to volunteer in her classroom all year long. I was shocked when she said this. There was a silence and then she said "you OWE me".

I think my response would have been a firm, but obviously amused, "Ha, ha, ha! Oh, you're so funny! Imagine if someone actually thought they could demand repayment for helping out a sick parent. Wow, that would be some set of balls, huh? Ha, ha, ha! Oh, that was a good one. "

What an asshole. Can you request your kids go into a different class when the time comes?

I wonder if it's a regional thing with the Red Pen Teachers From Hell? :huh: We didn't encounter this issue out west, but now that we're in the midwest, there's a whole different paradigm. Students are treated FAR differently by their teachers here.

Comment

Working...
            X