Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Emotions, Drama, and a Strong Will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lambie will literally say "I do what I want to do".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We are currently on the way to Thanksgiving. D has been removed from 3 restaurants/rest stops so far for ridiculous behavior. She’s turning FIVE next week.

Honestly you guys...I don’t know how much longer I can do this. She is terrorizing us all. C and R are miserable at every turn because she throws massive fits and all our attention is on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        We are currently on the way to Thanksgiving. D has been removed from 3 restaurants/rest stops so far for ridiculous behavior. She’s turning FIVE next week.

Honestly you guys...I don’t know how much longer I can do this. She is terrorizing us all. C and R are miserable at every turn because she throws massive fits and all our attention is on her.

How did it go?

Kris

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
          How did it go?

Kris

We made it. She passed out soon after. I think she had pent up energy and literally had to throw a fit to get it out.

I’m so tired of her outbursts.

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm glad she made it. It's so frustrating dealing with big kid tantrums! I hope it gets better soon!

Kris

Comment

Well, this is discouraging....
              https://www.scarymommy.com/why-third...?utm_source=FB

Comment

I read that. Don’t let it discourage you. It’s not true in my case.

Comment

Those things are written to generate clicks, too. Hang in there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Not true in our fam. #3 is easier at age 2 than #2 is at age 5.

Comment

I admit, it's pretty darn true for my family right now, though it may be the age we are at. But it wasn't for #3 in both DH and my family. They ended up being middle kids in the end, though. Not the youngest.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I don't take Scary Mommy seriously, there's a lot of joking and commiseration in that article.

Our weekend was a disaster from our point of view, and probably largely successful from everyone else's. DD behaved herself fairly nicely around family, but when we were trapped in a car alone with her, she had the most atrocious meltdowns. Shrieking at the top of her lungs, crying hysterically, telling us she doesn't like us, not to look at her, not to talk to her, etc. We managed to take it in stride and try to be empathetic and helpful, which feels like a parenting win when your kid tells you that she hates it when you look at her and to never kiss her ever again. I'm hoping once the overwhelm of the weekend passes, we can start to get back on track. I don't think most people would believe us if we told them how she behaved in private.
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                          I don't take Scary Mommy seriously, there's a lot of joking and commiseration in that article.

Our weekend was a disaster from our point of view, and probably largely successful from everyone else's. DD behaved herself fairly nicely around family, but when we were trapped in a car alone with her, she had the most atrocious meltdowns. Shrieking at the top of her lungs, crying hysterically, telling us she doesn't like us, not to look at her, not to talk to her, etc. We managed to take it in stride and try to be empathetic and helpful, which feels like a parenting win when your kid tells you that she hates it when you look at her and to never kiss her ever again. I'm hoping once the overwhelm of the weekend passes, we can start to get back on track. I don't think most people would believe us if we told them how she behaved in private.
                          This was K2. He's still like this. I've shocked many teachers by reporting things he's said or done at home that he would never consider doing at school.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                            This was K2. He's still like this. I've shocked many teachers by reporting things he's said or done at home that he would never consider doing at school.

And of course for us, the same people couldn't possibly understand that they're part of the problem... MIL and FIL rile her up nonstop, ignore what she says and wants, confuse her with bizarre and pointless conversation they think is age appropriate, and then shame her for the slightest infractions, without actually setting firm limits or doing any real discipline. They're so mentally scattered that I get frustrated trying to keep up, I can't imagine how it feels to a not yet 4-year-old. I often have to step in and say "Stop. That's enough." when they're getting her all keyed up and I need to actually accomplish something routine like bedtime. Then as soon as she's alone with us she lets loose. I completely understand why it happened this weekend. It was just worse than usual.
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Strong work, mama. I feel it's easier to cope with those meltdowns when you can recognize that your kiddo is letting loose with the person she trusts most. Just by weathering the storm, not fixing it or shutting it down, you show your kiddo you're a rock to rely on. It's not easy, but hang in there!

http://www.mothering.com/articles/cry-for-connection/
                              Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                                Strong work, mama. I feel it's easier to cope with those meltdowns when you can recognize that your kiddo is letting loose with the person she trusts most. Just by weathering the storm, not fixing it or shutting it down, you show your kiddo you're a rock to rely on. It's not easy, but hang in there!

http://www.mothering.com/articles/cry-for-connection/
                                ha, I was going to say that. It sure feels overwhelming, but it makes me feel better about it overall.
                                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X