Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jeggings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeggings

I don't know why this is funny to me, but...

I got a pair of black jeans from Coldwater Creek on my way to visit with Kelly this weekend. They look exactly like a pair of jeans, but they are a knit material. I love, love, love them.

I showed them to Amanda this morning:

"Look at my new jeans"
    Totally unimpressed and on to me: "I know, they are jeggings."
    "Jeggings?"
    "Yah, jeans and leggings. You can get them at Wet Seal too. They're too old-lady-ish for me, but they look good on you."

I am old-lady-ish?LOL

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Wear them with pride!!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I predict this will be one of the signature 2000 era fashion pieces -- like torn sweatshirts and shoulder pads were in the eighties. Jeggings. *giggle* (But yes, I've seen them everywhere. The obvious next step beyond skinny punk style jeans to make them more approachable to the masses.)
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My mom bought my six year old a pair of these because she REFUSES to wear jeans and only likes leggings.
        I am not sure what I think about them yet!!!
        But that made me laugh that your daughter said they are old lady'ish seeing as they are ALL the hype right now in the fashion world!

Comment

Amanda may be like me...not quite fashion challenged but more like fashion slow. This reminds me when my mom bought a pair of metallic ballet flats 2-3yrs ago maybe?? I immediately deemed them old lady shoes. I even kidded her and said "next thing you'll be getting velcro shoes." Guess who had to eat her words when the metallic craze hit and seems to still be going strong???

Rock those jeggings Kris!!

Pictures would be nice too.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Jeggings are really comfortable. I love the pair I got from Express. My only problem is that they are some times made for those with no curves, as I have trouble finding them with a high enough rise to fit my hourglass proportions. I'm currently debating whether or not I want to wear them today, as it is a bit warm outside.

Enjoy wearing the jeggings, I like to think of them as a fashionable step up from the oh-so-comfy yoga pants.
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Kate wouldn't be caught dead in them either. She wears skinny jeans, but she doesn't do jeggings...
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We were warned about "jeggings" at our first faculty mtng this year - it elicited an audible laugh from the teachers. I think it's against our dress code (not that we seem to have much of a dress code0
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Mine must be true old lady jeggings. Though they are knit, they have the loose fit of jeans. I guess that's why my daughter wouldn't touch them. LOL

Comment

Funny, I haven't jumped on the leggings bandwagon because I wore them all through my tween and teen years. I figured that if I was the right age for them the first time around, I'm too old for them this time.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I googled. I'm sure what I found were nothing like your but oh goodness--who could pull those suckers off? Maybe the same people who wear Booty Pops?
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                        They're too old-lady-ish for me, but they look good on you."

I am old-lady-ish?LOL

Kris
                        -Ladybug

Comment

I have a pair. I really didn't think I could pull them off, but I do. My guess is that the really dark wash helps. I can't say I've seen light-colored jeggings. Give them a try, you might like them. Mine are actually a lot like really stretchy denim, so maybe they're a little different from what Kris was describing. I remember back in the 90s they had leggings with a denim print, but that's now what I have now.
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/produc...nit-pants.aspx

Imagine those about .... you know ... 100 times larger. They really look like jeans (and they aren't super tight)

Kris

PS I only paid $45 at the outlet mall

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                              Mine are actually a lot like really stretchy denim, so maybe they're a little different from what Kris was describing.
                              Yes, this is what I have too! A stretchy denim ones with a seam up the backs of the legs and just elastic waist - no zippers or buttons. Of course, I bought them and then they stopped carrying them, but they are pretty close to this: http://www.express.com/stella-jean-l...catpn=category

Kris, I think those jeans are pretty awesome and you got a great deal too! I'm going to have to see if I can find them when I stop by the mall tomorrow.
                              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X