Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Transportation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't they walk? You can help on rainy/extra cold days, but I think they can walk.
    -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
      Why can't they walk? You can help on rainy/extra cold days, but I think they can walk.
      It's too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm gently saying, I think you're taking on a lot of stress over a longer walk. I just wonder how much is guilt of working vs. an unhealthy or dangerous walk. You said Z needed more exercise too. I'm not sure it should be entirely off the table. Lots of kids do it and they're fine, including my own. If you're worried about bored teenagers after school I can understand that, and you might have more luck locking in help with more hours offered until you or T gets home. I hope you find something that fits for your family. It's a lot to juggle and your hours are atypical which makes it even harder.
        -Ladybug

Comment

It's worth thinking about, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
            It's worth thinking about, tbh.

I won't dare offer any advice since I don't have kids and I can't imagine all that working moms must coordinate.

Just wanted to say you are a great mom, wife and everything else.

Also I walked home in 4-7th grade about a mile. I liked it. I felt like a "big kid".
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
              I won't dare offer any advice since I don't have kids and I can't imagine all that working moms must coordinate.

Also I walked home in 4-7th grade about a mile. I liked it. I felt like a "big kid".
              Thanks. I needed that.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post

Ditto what B said. Also, I just mapped out my walk to elementary school. Granted, this was in the 70s and 80s, but I walked 3/4 of a mile to school and the same distance back every day; a neighbor and her older brother walked with me when I was *really* young (like under 6), but the only time I remember mom driving me was when I was late or if there was thick fog (it freaked me out as a kid).
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I have stories of long walks too. Don't feel guilty if that's what needs to be. I'm sorry it's all so stressful.
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                  X