Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Foreign exchange programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alison View Post
    How’s he doing??
    Thanks for asking. He’s very happy and I think he loves his host family more than us! They take him on fun adventures every weekend!

There have been some hurdles. His suitcases were lost by Delta. One showed up 3 days later, the other 5. He spent a few days wearing the same clothes and underwear until his host family took him shopping.

The school also didn’t tell us he needed a Mac to connect with the school. We had to send him an iPad from amazon.de.

He is having the time of his life and is finally understanding what people are saying to him. He’s taking Algebra 2 and precalcus (taught in English) to get ahead. This is definitely being influenced by his peer.

Here is a picture of the whole family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I’m so happy for him and you. They look like a lovely family, and I’m sure they will take care of him like he’s their own. My host family took me places every weekend and I had a blast! I’ve seen more places in Germany than my German husband has! And he’ll come home speaking fluent German!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
        I’m so happy for him and you. They look like a lovely family, and I’m sure they will take care of him like he’s their own. My host family took me places every weekend and I had a blast! I’ve seen more places in Germany than my German husband has! And he’ll come home speaking fluent German!
        Thank you. They want to show him as much as possible...and yay for being fluent!

Comment

love this update
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Good for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this. When my girls were in middle school I hosted a high school student from Germany. We loved her.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
              Good for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this. When my girls were in middle school I hosted a high school student from Germany. We loved her.
              Cool!

Comment

Working...
              X