Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

college facebook groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is a college freshman this year and I joined not only the parents page but am an active member of the parents association. Like Pollyanna said, this has proven to be useful in terms of choosing dorms, meeting other locals whom they can carpool with on road trips back home, having a network of people all over the country willing to help in the event of a car breakdown. Knowing which hotels to avoid when going up for visits (bedbugs at one of the major chains!) and which ones offer parent association discounts. We also were able to score discounted football tickets for parents weekend by purchasing them through the parents association.
    Most recently, my daughter has been apartment hunting for off campus housing for next year and it’s been super helpful to ask other parents association members about their experiences with certain complexes. Really, it’s not much different than what we do here at IMSN. 🤷🏻*♀️

I’m still grateful to this day that Pollyanna was willing to go check out a house for us when we were moving to her city for residency. She called me while there and said there were two other couples there who were also excited about it and was willing to write a deposit check for me on the spot to ensure we got it. All this from someone who had never met me IRL at that point! I know others here who have benefited tremendously from the IMSN network as well and truly the parents association is a similar space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I just joined 3 of these FB groups. Two of them were recommended in the original group. My kid is moving a 24 hour car ride away to college in a city I have been to once. I’ll probably ditch a couple once we figure out the lay of the land. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for the pizza parties! 😀

Needs

Comment

So...I'm the one who started this but I have to say that this group has redeemed itself. People had LOTS to say about which apartments and landlords to avoid and this was SUPER helpful. I guess it is kind of like the internet, sometimes wrong, often crazy, but occasionally wonderful and helpful.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Some parents are way over the top. That’s probably why my kid is moving far away and will incur debt to do so.

Needs

Comment

Working...
          X