Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My Dyson died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Dyson died

I agree with Alison. We spent the money on a Miele, and I absolutely love it. Plus my Miele came with a 7 year warranty. Might be something to consider.

Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I *heart* my Miele.

Comment

That's a bummer it's not fixed yet. Have you called and complained to their customer support team? If you do ship it back to Dyson, do they at least cover the shipping?
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm so sorry!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Nope, they don't cover the shipping, but do suggest that you send it UPS and insure it. Hopefully today's trip to the repair place will be my last (for a long while).

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
              Nope, they don't cover the shipping, but do suggest that you send it UPS and insure it. Hopefully today's trip to the repair place will be my last (for a long while).
              WTF? On something that costs $300-$500? They've got to stand behind their product more than that.

I hope this is your last trip for repairs. I hope they'll be able to repair it on the spot.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

If they don't, threaten to report them to the medical spouse group!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

This time the guys at the shop were totally stumped and decided to keep the machine for about a week or so. I got a loaner though. The owner also said to check if I paid for the Dyson with Amex, as they might help resolve this and get my money back. I need to go through my statements. I can't remember what I paid with.

The saga continues.

Comment

I finally picked it up today from the repair shop, about a month after it originally broke. So far so good. At this point I'm hoping it lasts at least another year and a half until DH is partner and I can justify buying a new one. This is definitely my last Dyson.

Comment

Working...
                    X