Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Nursery Decorating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursery Decorating

I'll be finishing up painting the boys room today, and moving on to the baby's room. MIL called yesterday to say she's starting on the crib set, and SueC dropped off the crib on Wednesday. I bought a changing table from someone on craigslist yesterday ... things are coming together!

I'm leaning towards the blue that is in the background of the French Wallpaper/Duck Egg fabric and as I'm looking at the swatch online it looks like the blue in the background is lighter than the blue in the center of the design. The swatch MIL cut for me is only of the design itself, so the blue I've found that matches is Costa Rican Blue from Benjamin Moore. I'm a little anxious about painting the room blue, I don't want her to think I wanted a boy!

Re: Nursery Decorating

I like blue for a girl's room--it's outside-the-box.

She won't think you wanted her to be a boy. And even if you did, she wouldn't care as long as you weren't disappointed in her. Can't wait to see the finished room!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I like it! I'll have to go look and see if I have a sample of Costa Rican blue. I should just buy a benjamin moore color book.

She won't think you wanted a boy -- she'll think you have good taste.

Comment

I love it!!!! I think blue is very feminine and pretty -- especially the blue in the fabric.

I can't wait to see the finished product!!!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

very pretty, jenn. will you post pictures when you're done, please!!
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I don't think blue is just for boys at all - can't wait to see it!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The crib is mostly white with cherry-colored slats at the head and foot of the bed. It's kind of a modernish sleigh bed. It was SueC's, and she gave it to me the other night. Not exactly what I would choose - but free. I had one when we moved here, but loaned it to a friend's friend, and haven't seen it since. As long as I have a crib, I don't care - it's all good.

Comment

I just love the colors in that fabric. i think only navy blue is really masculine. This blue will look great in her room. If you're really worried about it, you could go with a blue that is a shade or two lighter than Costa Rican Blue. Are you thinking about painting the changing table?

Comment

I love the colors!! It's going to be fabulous
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Oy! MIL called the other night b/c she was pre-washing all of the fabric and forgot what is for what. I'm glad she did, though, b/c in our conversation we identified a HUGE misunderstanding that would have left me .

While she was here she kept asking me if I wanted her to double layer the chenile. I thought she was out of her mind - why would I want the $14/yard chenile doubled over?? It turns out she thought I'd intended the chenile as the filling of the bumper. She was going to use the French Wallpaper on both sides of the bumper, and stuff it with the chenile. Thank God I thought to say "When you buy the fill for the bumper, just buy what is specified on the pattern. Don't pick something fluffier -- it may not be safe. Just follow the instructions." It identified our whole misconception.

I really, really hope she's clear now.

Comment

So pretty! You'll have to post pics when you are done.

Comment

And we just finished a phone conversation where she told me she's getting started, verified measurements (uh, cribs are standard sized), told me she's lining the crib skirt (great!) .... and then said "And I have some other fabric too, that I'll make some other things with."

This woman cannot take a hint.

Comment

It turns out she thought I'd intended the chenile as the filling of the bumper. She was going to use the French Wallpaper on both sides of the bumper, and stuff it with the chenile. Thank God I thought to say "When you buy the fill for the bumper, just buy what is specified on the pattern. Don't pick something fluffier -- it may not be safe. Just follow the instructions." It identified our whole misconception.

whew...thank goodness you caught that!!!

Comment

It turns out she thought I'd intended the chenile as the filling of the bumper. She was going to use the French Wallpaper on both sides of the bumper, and stuff it with the chenile. Thank God I thought to say "When you buy the fill for the bumper, just buy what is specified on the pattern. Don't pick something fluffier -- it may not be safe. Just follow the instructions." It identified our whole misconception.

whew...thank goodness you caught that!!!

Comment

Just 'cause I know you're all waiting to hear about any updates ... I just found a white glider at a garage sale in my neighborhood. They had it marked at $40, I offered $30 and she took it. I'll have MIL recover the cushions in the French Wallpaper pattern (if I can find more). Yippie!

Comment

Working...
                              X