Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I need a blender!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a blender!

We have a blender/small chopper and the blender stinks! I need something with some real power to chop ice, etc. Give me your recs!

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: I need a blender!

The Vita-Mix Super 5000. The one they sell in mall kiosks and on infomercials. The thing is amazing.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
      The Vita-Mix Super 5000. The one they sell in mall kiosks and on infomercials. The thing is amazing.

Jenn
      Ditto. MIL just bought me one for no discernable reason. But it's awesome.

Comment

$500 for a blender?!?!?!!

No way DH would go for that, any cheaper options?
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have a Kitchenaid that is a few years old. I would not recommend this blender -- it is fine but not great given the price.

Consumer Reports likes the Oster and Brauns.

Comment

I have an Oster. It churns everything until it's unrecognizable. Good in my book!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Seriously, it's a good one. The different settings are actually accurate, and it's not crazy expensive.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I have an old Oster and I love it. I stole it from my parents 8 years ago when we moved in together and they've already had it for a few years. I've had to order replacement rubber rings (that go under the blade and prevent leakage) but they were about $5 for 3 and each lasts years. Their website also has tons of other attachments that you can get for the basic stand. I like that the pitcher part is glass, it's heavy but doesn't scratch or nick at all. There are various measurements along the sides and the top of the lid comes out and is also a measure for 1 and 2 oz. It's great for making frozen drinks. I don't put the blade or the rubber ring in to the dishwasher but the rest goes in.

Comment

I have an Oster, and its fab!
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm w/ nellie on Kitchen aid
                    We used to have an Oster until the spinning part base became so stripprd that the blade in the blender wouldn't rotate...we should have gotten another one!

Sounds like Oster is the way to go!

Comment

I wrote Oster a letter and told them that my blender was leaking. They sent me a brand new one. No questions asked. They have fantastic customer service. If all companies were like that...

This is the one I have...

http://www.epinions.com/content_178967449220
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Suz, I hate to get rid of what should be a perfectly good (looking) blender but it just doesn't cut it. Stinks, doesn't it? I'll put the Oster on my kitchen item wishlist. The vitamix appears to be the boss of them all but $500?

Comment

Well, that's also how I ended up with the worlds most expensive vaccum and the worlds most expensive jogging stroller: Let my husband do the shopping. and let's not forget the BMW M3 that he bought when I was on a business trip...

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                            $500 for a blender?!?!?!!

No way DH would go for that, any cheaper options?
                            I KNOW! I have no explanation as to why my MIL bought it for me. I wouldn't have it if she hadn't. And I'll 3rd (or 4th) the word on the KitchenAid blender - it really wasn't wonderful.

Comment

Just wanted to say that I also have an Oster and it just keeps going, and going and going.
                              Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                              Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Working...
                              X