Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A new obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A new obsession

There are a lot of things on that site I would like to put into a bottle and pout into a house.
    My fantasy is to not have to live in a house while it is being remodeled. Just once in my life pretty please.

Comment

Makai -- that mudroom! Oh! I love it!! We are going to have a mudroom with the next remodel (pantry turned into mudroom, entrance from garage to house moved from kitchen to route traffic through mudroom). It won't be like that though in size or lighting. Heavens.

Sorry, Sally.

Deb -- I agree that kitchen is on the small side. I like the how the cabinets and counters look. I agree about the wood floors. That is what we have and will keep in our kitchen. Our last kitchen had cork and I loved that -- so easy on the feet! -- but it wouldn't look right here.

Comment

Oooohhh you enabler you!

Next time I want to do something to the house, I can blame you.
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I have seen some great photos of kitchens done with Ikea cabinets. The bathroom vanity we have from Ikea is sturdy and turned out nicely. Not that I enjoyed shopping for it...but it is nice to see kitchen installations that look different from the Ikea displays.

Comment

I stored that web site into my favorites. I love looking at photos of home makeovers. I only wish I could find more photos of home offices/ computer stations. That's the focus in my home right now, and I wish I could see what other people have done. I suppose it's a room that's not a priority for people.

Ours is so trashy that it's my biggest priority!!! However, California Closets is coming in three weeks to install a built-in desk, filing cabinets and bookshelves. I am so ready to makeover this room!
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

That sounds nice! I think home office stuff is tricky too. Right now our kitchen catches all the "stuff" and a section of the countertop quickly disappears.

Comment

I wish I could switch to just having a laptop in the drawer of my desk and some sort of hidden wireless printer. I really don't like having all the desktop taken over.

DH has a great tablet/laptop thingie for med school that I drool over.

Comment

We have a wireless printer now. I have no idea how DH did it but I love the lack of cords. The printer is in the basement and the laptop is usually upstairs and it just magically works.

Comment

They have great sections on container and balcony gardening, my new time suck.....maybe I can find out why some of my new plants died already

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bugs
                      They have great sections on container and balcony gardening, my new time suck.....maybe I can find out why some of my new plants died already

Thanks!

Kirsty. our plants from Lowes have a year garuntee...call where you purchased them from and see if you can have replacements? It's worth a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                        Originally posted by bugs

Thanks!

Kirsty. our plants from Lowes have a year garuntee...call where you purchased them from and see if you can have replacements? It's worth a shot!
                        Yes we do have a guarantee with ours too (Home Depot), I am going there thisafternoon to show them my few dead plants and ask what I am doing wrong!!! Probably just unsuitable for pots or something, we are pretty clueless Most of them are doing pretty good though!

Comment

Working...
                        X