Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interior Paint Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Paint Colors

Ok gang, our house is a split level so the entry runs into the upstairs and downstairs, the rooms all run into each other, the kitchen runs into the dining room, living room, etc. You get the idea.

We're having it painted. It is a bland contractor's white - probably has been for the 18 years it has been in existence. Based on our realtor's recommendation (and surprisingly all 3 painters I have bid it) we want to go with something warmer.

Any suggestions?

I don't know which painter we're going with yet so I don't know which paint they prefer to use. I have the Sherwin Williams and Hirshfield's paint decks in front of me and am leaning towards SW 6106, Kilin Beige.

I know color is hard to tell on a computer and I do plan to buy samples and put them on the wall, preferably before next week so that we can get opinions at both Thanksgiving and Christmas...
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

There is also this one, 6108 but I'm almost afraid its to dark...

Comment

I like the lighter color better, but with your furniture, I wonder if a warm grey wouldn't be better... Dunno - I'm not a color person.
      Kris

Comment

We did our kitchen in BM Manchester Tan (pearl finish) and it is beautiful. Even my mom that is not crazy about color on the wall loves it. Here is a pic:

Your samples are pretty but seem a bit dark, they might look great on the wall though.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

So here is that BM Manchester tan in the same type of swatch.

And in regards to Kris' furniture comment, our main room furniture is navy with a tan edge and almost all of the other furniture in our house (including the baseboards and all wood) are oak except for A's room which is cherry...

Comment

I forgot about the tan edge - then the tans make sense. I would still go with the lighter version though.
            Kris

Comment

Kris, I'm wondering if that tan edge is going to be enough though. I just hate to think of painting it grey - that seems so dreary to me.

Comment

What about this?
                Kris

Comment

That just takes me to the Behr site?? If you type the name and brand into myperfectcolor.com it will give you swatch like above. Or just give me the name and I'll google it

Comment

I would go even lighter. It will look darker on the wall. You want it to be neutral and easy to paint over if the new buyer doesn't like it. Go with something candlelit.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

On the behr site, go to the grey color gallery. It is image 7 - it shows it with navy furnishings.
                      Kris

Comment

I'm obviously Behr challenged I can't find the color galleries ??

MrsK I will be painting them on the walls before we decide so I am going to get a few shades on each side too.

Comment

I like the lighter version better (or even lighter than that). It always looks way darker on the wall. Try taping a few paint chips on the wall and leave them there for a few weeks. You'll get to see how they look in all different lights (and like you said, get opinions from others). If you're able to narrow it down to one or two, it might be worthwhile to buy a sample pot and paint just like one square foot to see how it looks. I think it's worth doing that because 1) the paint sometimes looks so different from the paint chip 2) a paint chip is often too small to really get an idea of how the colour will look on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                            I'm obviously Behr challenged I can't find the color galleries ??

MrsK I will be painting them on the walls before we decide so I am going to get a few shades on each side too.
                            I didn't realize the site was so confusing... I googled behr colors and got to the right page. And the stupid site is set up so that here are no hard pages. Across the top, I hovered over Inspiration and from that selected the Galleries, Interior, Color. From there I clicked on Gray.
                            Kris

Comment

Now I see it! I like that color but I wonder what that would look like with our oak trim? I'm afraid the oak trim is really going to date us.

Comment

Working...
                              X