Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interior Paint Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
    Now I see it! I like that color but I wonder what that would look like with our oak trim? I'm afraid the oak trim is really going to date us.
    paint it. Easy peasy and it will update the room instantly. I really like the combination of a pearly grey and a bright white trim.
    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
      paint it. Easy peasy and it will update the room instantly. I really like the combination of a pearly grey and a bright white trim.
      Oooo, me too!
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oh there is so much trim in this house, ever room has baseboards and most have windows. I just don't think I can bring myself to paint it. UGH!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Paint it renter's white and leave the trim. Honestly, most people have no imagination when they're house hunting. (and those of that do are living the dream in falling down 100 year old houses)

J.

Comment

We did Kilin Beige in our Ohio house because the realtor, painter, and home stager all told us (independently) that it is the color that sells houses. It's warm but neutral, and people who aren't really "brown" people apparently like it, too. It looked very fresh and clean. Good luck!
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Ohhh, I love Kilin Beige! I used this one one wall of DS1's old room to neutralize the overwhelming blue-ness of the walls. My mom had to find a paint for her main hallway to link up two separate colors in adjacent rooms. On both accounts, it was the perfect color. By the way, it takes me forever to choose a paint color.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That is Kilin Beige in the first sample - I'm afraid it will be to dark but it just seems odd to me that everyone has recommended it so we'll definitely try a sample of it.

Comment

Colors are relative to whatever other colors they're near. Narrow your choices down to a 2 (or 3, max) and slap a couple painted samples up on various walls in the room you're painting. Live with it for a few days, looking at them during different times of day. You'll be surprised at how different they'll look. Most of the time I find that the colors I love on swatches look really different in my house and up on my walls. A lot of vendors now carry small tester packs to do this with.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                    Oh there is so much trim in this house, ever room has baseboards and most have windows. I just don't think I can bring myself to paint it. UGH!
                    DH will never agree to paint oak trim. I'm hoping we end up in a house where the person before us made the decision to paint.

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    Colors are relative to whatever other colors they're near. Narrow your choices down to a 2 (or 3, max) and slap a couple painted samples up on various walls in the room you're painting. Live with it for a few days, looking at them during different times of day. You'll be surprised at how different they'll look. Most of the time I find that the colors I love on swatches look really different in my house and up on my walls. A lot of vendors now carry small tester packs to do this with.
                    This is what we have done, and it makes the decision much easier. It makes a huge difference when you actually see it on your wall, with the lighting in your house.

Comment

That is my plan, I'm planning on painting samples next Wednesday so that we can get opinions at both Thanksgiving and Christmas because we're having the painting done in January. I got the other two bids today - yuckity yuck!

I'm so glad money grows on tress.

Comment

Well its being painted as we speak - I freaked out this weekend and almost changed the color but decided to proceed with Kilim Beige after probably driving my DH crazy! I'll post before and after pictures probably Thursday. We shall see...

Comment

Before:

After:

Not a great picture, I don't think you can really tell but you get the idea I guess. Not at all like the swatch at the beginning of this thread IMO but we're happy with it.

Comment

Go for warmer colors like yellows and oranges. They are known to give a flow to distinct separations of a house. Alternatively, check out California Paints. They have some great interior paints and tools to help with your color selection.

Comment

Turned out great!

I have the same issue with my house--most of the main rooms run into each other. We have to choose one color for two hallways, a great room (living and kitchen), and dining room and an entry way. Plus we have high vaulted ceilings that need to be painted. The last time I got a bid. . .. Hoping I can convince DH to do ti soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X