Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Washing dishes after unpacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing dishes after unpacking

Are you supposed to wash your dishes after you unpack them? All of our dishes were clean before they were packed and the packers used packing paper (clean white newsprint) to wrap them.

The type A in me want to wash everything first but the lazy pregnant me wants to just put them in the cabinets.

thanks!
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

We run our dishes through the dishwasher. After we unpack. But I use paper products until we are all caught up so as not to create even more work.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I run them through the dishwasher. But it's really up to you. It creates a whole lot of work, and they're probably ok without washing them. We had packers, and they handled everything.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Touched everything is what I mean.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I have always packed my own & dont wash after unpacking.
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I always washed after a move. I dunno.
            Kris

Comment

I didn't wash ours and almost two months later we're all still alive and not sick!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I always wash dishes after a move. The paper/cardboard/newspaper bugs me.

Comment

If a piece of cutlery was sitting directly on the table at a restaurant, would you still use it? That's probably much dirtier than packing paper. I would not bother washing them even though I can understand the "should" feeling. But seriously, it's not like you're going to get salmonella poisoning from packing paper!

Comment

If it's just sitting on a table and not wrapped in the napkin when it fresh out of the commercial-grade steam dishwashing machine or just out of that same machine? Yeah, I'd probably want that shit re-washed, too.

Comment

I wash them just because it bugs me but I'm sure it's fine not to!

Comment

I have no intention of washing mine...haha. We bought new packing materials though. I might if I used newspaper or something.

Comment

I grew up in a mill town and know what is in the packing materials. I wash EVERYTHING.

Comment

...not to mention what was on the hands of the packers or their gloves, if they wore any.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                              I grew up in a mill town and know what is in the packing materials. I wash EVERYTHING.
                              Now I'm a little frightened...what should I be washing off??

Comment

Working...
                              X