Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you buy online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of DH's books, school supplies, he even ordered 3-pack cases of shaving cream and shampoo from Amazon, boxes of nitrile gloves, 100 count boxes of dishwasher tabs, printer toner, 700 dog poop bags (plus bone-shaped holder!), batteries, lots of random household items that we don't need ASAP and can wait 2 days for. It doesn't totally eradicate my need for Target trips but they aren't as frequent. Most recently we bought a new vacuum from Amazon.

I don't do a huge amount of online shopping for clothes - I really prefer to try stuff on first so I don't have to deal with return shipping. If I buy something in a store that I really like and want more of/to replace, I'll order online. I'll order shoes online since those are pretty standard in terms of sizing. I'll order random pieces of jewelry or home decor items if I come across them or see a sale. I've been a loyal customer of BaubleBar over the summer. In theory I like the idea of *going* shopping but usually in reality I tire of it really quickly. I also sometimes develop a weird complex about spending money on myself - I'll go to the mall for a specific reason, something I need, and then decide I don't really need it/shouldn't spend the money on it/on myself. It's annoying.

The only thing we have on autoship is Cooper's dog food. 30lb of dog food delivered to our door every 6 weeks. So convenient.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Too much stuff, I'm almost embarrassed. Mostly random stuff I don't want to try to find at the store. For the house, drugstore.com and clothes. As I was moving out of my apartment this summer, the UPS lady was in the building so I said "Thanks for delivering all my packages" she responded "oh what unit are you?" I told her and she immediately knew who I was and said you're welcome...... arg shopaholic problems.
      Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

Everything. UPS comes every day. I love amazon for those random "I just noticed that we are short on XYZ" purchases that drift out of my mind before they get on the to do list. Definitely diapers, wipes, paper goods....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I know this isn't true for everyone but I think I actually spend less when I shop online. If I go into Target, I spend easily $100 because I notice other deals/sales (almost always stuff for the kids) and always drop money on those things we don't need. If I order something from Amazon, that doesn't happen because there's no trigger of seeing something else and deciding we need it.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Yep T&S, that's definitely true for me too.

Comment

I'll chime in here, not much! Select items from places like Amazon. Last thing I ordered was sheet music, before that I don't remember. I'm very tactile when it comes to buying clothes and it seems like way too much effort to have things sent only to return.. Now i either buy books through Kindle or go to the local book store.

Comment

+1 for all the things Easily cheaper than being set free in Target!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We have same-day delivery on Nespresso, because they're located in town somewhere. I'm realizing UPS, FedEx, and Ontrac are here A LOT!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We also have munchery.com which brings you good FOOD that you heat up in the oven or microwave. I order dinner there sometimes. Groceries are usually from Amazon Fresh, but they tend to run out of stuff and not restock.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I use ebay and amazon mostly, just bought clothes recently.
                      Small Biz SEO

Comment

Textbooks, oh so many textbooks. Also, I recently claimed my jeans. I found the perfect size, lenght and brand that works for me every time and I just get them in varying styles from the manufacturer, saves me the time and humiliation of trying to squeeze into anything else. Other than that, I buy most clothes and food from the store.

Comment

Amazon, Nordstrom, and eBay for almost everything. Good grief, I love eBay for makeup, clothes, shoes, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                          X