Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pass the Bonbons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations! Ours just arrived. I say it's a form of marriage therapy! ☺

Comment

Best money spent. I'll eat rice and canned food just to save those hours spent cleaning. After childcare its my second most important expense!

Wife of a PGY-5
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Leaving the house sticky and "used" and coming home with it smelling great and shiny always brings a smile to my face.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

How should I go about finding a good house cleaner? This is one thing we decided my salary would pay for so now I need to find one before anyone changes their mind.
          wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

DH asked around at work. Several of his coworkers employ the lady we hired, and they love her.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We asked our neighbor, and the lady actually used to clean for our previous owners.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

We tried to hire the previous tenant's and our current landlord's cleaning lady but she didn't return my calls. So I found ours by randomly seeing them at our neighbors' house. For other houses, when we didn't have recommendations, we have told them we just wanted to try a few out and then chose. I also make sure any important docs are locked away or inaccessible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
                  I also make sure any important docs are locked away or inaccessible.
                  Good thinking! I think most of ours are in our combination safe, but I'll double check.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

What about getting a referral from the neighbors app? I found my cleaning lady through fb friends.

Wife of a PGY-5
                    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                    X