Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tidying up and KonMari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done reading. Clothes purge starts tomorrow morning. Or afternoon... After a nap. Would you recommend I include workout clothes in my regular categories, like workout tops with the rest of my tops, or do them as their own subcategory? I'm not the type to wear workout clothes as everyday wear, if that makes a difference.
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• After reading most of the book, I can say there's a lot I don't really agree with and am not going to do. Taking the bottles out of my shower daily, for example, or all the things out of my purse. But I like the recommendations for purging belongings, so I'll start with that.

Comment

• I got the book for Christmas, and read the whole thing today. I am so ready to start with my clothes, and I think I'll do crafting stuff after that. I have a logistical issue, though, in that we have a big IKEA pax wardrobe, and it's just shelves, no drawers. She's convinced me to fold my shirts in drawers, though. So now I'm not sure how I'll handle that. I know I need to purge first anyway, though, so I'm not actually worried yet.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
          Thanks! I'm still missing the sheet for the crib (teal) and the curtains (the zoo fabric). And the bumper will come out of the crib until he's able to roll over on his own - E loves hers still and uses it like a pillow across the back, plus it kept her from getting limbs stuck when she was younger, so I went ahead and got one for baby C too.

I need to get a new comforter for the bed too and make a headboard. And probably wash those pillows, because they're a little gross looking. I can move the dresser over a bit too once I get rid of those diaper boxes, which are still all of E's clothes that I haven't gotten rid of, because I think my parents are going to hang onto them in case my brother's wife gets pregnant again and has a girl.
          Nesting much?
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            Nesting much?
            I'm trying! I've got less than 3 weeks until I leave town, and I need a baby-ready house when I come home! I can't do any nesting in a furnished apartment, so this will have to do.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• MSB, whatever makes sense to your brain. I did workout clothes separately because i store them separately. And don't knock the weird stuff until you try it. I do the shower now but have not embraced the purse.
              Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by poky View Post
                I got the book for Christmas, and read the whole thing today. I am so ready to start with my clothes, and I think I'll do crafting stuff after that. I have a logistical issue, though, in that we have a big IKEA pax wardrobe, and it's just shelves, no drawers. She's convinced me to fold my shirts in drawers, though. So now I'm not sure how I'll handle that. I know I need to purge first anyway, though, so I'm not actually worried yet.
                Yep, purge before organizing. You could put baskets on your shelves, or acquire cheap drawers -- I rather like the clear plastic modular Sterilite drawers I ended up with. Good luck!
                Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                  MSB, whatever makes sense to your brain. I did workout clothes separately because i store them separately. And don't knock the weird stuff until you try it. I do the shower now but have not embraced the purse.
                  I do the diaper bag once weekly. I do the purse only because I change purses. I use a purse about once or twice a week and then need to return my wallet/phone/etc to the diaper bag.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Does emptying out my freezer count? Decided that would be a good job for today.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Absolutely it does! It can be so freeing just to have everything out, get rid of the expired stuff, put everything back in a neater order and actually know what's in there. Good luck!!
                      Alison

Comment

• Here's my entire standard wardrobe post-purge. I kept enough work stuff even though I don't really love it, but I have a mind to cycle it out as I get newer things I like. I don't have a big enough dresser at the moment so hanging will have to do for now. Next up, workout clothes then shoes and accessories. uploadfromtaptalk1451327389564.jpg

Comment

• Whoo! Strong work!
                          Alison

Comment

• Freezer is clean! Will need to reorganize all of our plastic containers once those get washed though. I'll probably purge some of those too though, depending on what has a lid, and what we actually have space for, plus what I actually need.

Comment

• 2015 things have left my house in 2015!!! I completed my New Years Resolution with days to spare!
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

• I've decided to skip books, for the most part. I love having a full bookshelf, my books are well-organized, and the space they take up wouldn't be used by anything better. They aren't a clutter problem for me. I did pick about 45 of them to get rid of because, for lack of a better description, they felt burdensome. I'll go back and try again later to choose a few more. I hesitate to let go of some of them not because I want to read them but because I want DD to have a house full of books to peruse as she gets older.

Comment

Working...
                                X