Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tidying up and KonMari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our current dresser has been following me since college. Every time we move I say "I hate this thing! Let's throw it out... Just as soon as we get another one!" I'm so excited.
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by gem View Post
      Dying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• I still haven't read the book but have been going through categories. I did my sock and bra drawers and I'm way too excited. They were so full that I couldn't see what I even had. My sister was thrilled with the pre baby sports bras that were NEVER going to fit again and I can actually access the type of socks I need easily now. I thought I was short in some categories but realized I wasn't.

I made DH go through his clothes last week. Didn't go well. I believe I shouted, "then do your own f'n laundry" at some point in the process....

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• LOL, ST. I've thought that while folding the billionth white undershirt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Also...Marie Kondo just had a baby right? Dying to see if that changes anything haha

Comment

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                I'm going to get rid of all under bed tubs to battle the cat hair/dust bunny infestation.
                Hahahaha yessssss!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                Grace

Comment

This. Is. Everything.

Grace

Comment

• My parents drove my brother to move in with us, and I set up to have them sleep in our bedroom since DH is at a study conference all weekend. This forced me to stop cleaning for guests by hiding things in the bedroom. I am feeling so great about cleaning and purging right now! On a roll! Can't wait for DH to get home tomorrow and see it!

Grace

Comment

• I just finished reading Kondo's sequel, Spark Joy. It has totally and completely re-upped my enthusiasm for this process! I've been happy because things that were tidied are mostly staying tidied, but there are still areas that need improvement. Time to get cracking on them. Whee!
                      Alison

Comment

• So, I did this yesterday - moved the shelf out of baby C's room! We need to fix the rug, but it's a 3 man job because the desk is so heavy. There's still a lot of clutter on the desk, but we've made a lot of progress in the last year. Baby C's room is almost done! I need to hang a few shelves, make a headboard for the guest bed, and put together the bookshelf that I ordered yesterday (it should be here next week).

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Woooo good work ALOY! you've inspired me. Committing to making a trip to donate items by Friday!

Grace

Comment

• I've set goals and tasks for our upcoming move in 2 weeks. As we've been progressing over the past 6 weeks and purging and cleaning... I have to say I think I finally truly APPRECIATE the difference between being organized and just straight up having less stuff. Omg this getting rid of stuff is AMAZING and ADDICTING!!!
                            The jury is still out on whether complaining hubby agrees. But he sure does enjoy a clean home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Grace

Comment

• I hate moving but I do like that it sort of forces you to be pretty ruthless about going through things.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

• Originally posted by civilspouse View Post
                                I hate moving but I do like that it sort of forces you to be pretty ruthless about going through things.

exactly! especially the moving again so quickly I was like not that, not that, nope nope nope. and just sent a car full of stuff to live at my parents until our paid for career move in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                Grace

Comment

Working...
                                X