Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Washing Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister had to go washer shopping and the sales guy told her to stay away from all the high tech ones. The more technology, the shorter the life, the more they break.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
      My GE Front Loaders are still going despite a lot of abuse from my son haha!

That being said, I still wouldn't buy them again. I just feel like they are gonna die any minute
      Well, that’s a really good endorsement for them! 😂

But yeah, if you feel like they’re gonna crap out any minute while doing regular laundry, then they aren’t gonna cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
        My sister had to go washer shopping and the sales guy told her to stay away from all the high tech ones. The more technology, the shorter the life, the more they break.

That’s good to know, and makes perfect sense. The more computer parts and pieces, like on a car, the better chance they will more fixes, more often.

I was reading both CR and Wirecutter late last night/early this morning. The only features I would really like to have are the stainless steel tub (I think someone here mentioned a broken plastic tub) and the beeps/chirps that tell you a load is done. I never use or care about all of the different wash settings, although it would probably be better for our stuff in the long run if I did.

Comment

Washing Machine

Comment

Still sticking by our LG washer/dryer. They're 10 years old and about to make a third move with us. They get a lot of use and I've had zero issues. Front load washer though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
              ...Honestly, the best washer we ever had was the old school top loader with the agitator in it. That thing lasted us over 10 years and did a great job. They just don’t make them like they used to. Now I sound like an old lady. 

Yes! Yes! & Yes!
              She's right & so is the post that said to stay away from the pricier High Efficiency models! I personally want to be able to fill it, pause it and allow items to soak, when needed.
              Look for the largest capacity non HE top loader w/ an agitator...that's what I'm going to do as soon as the one we have now(came w/ the house) dies. I'm also having one of those stack-able, apartment style washer/dryers installed in my walk-in closet.

Comment

I personally want to be able to fill it, pause it and allow items to soak, when needed.
                I truly miss this feature
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I still like our Samsungs.

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I’ve had no issue with my top loader cabrio whirlpool one. I’ve had for 3 years (short span time- I know) hehehe

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
                    X