Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Let’s clean together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cleaned out bathroom drawers and one bathroom closet but I still have a whole list of projects I need to work on. It’s true that I’ve never had this much time home so I might as well. The hard part is my twins are so mischievous it’s hard to get anything done!

Maybe I’ll post some before pics to shame myself into cleaning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
      Paper plates friend. It’s the only way in these times. 😀
      I just can’t. I don’t want to worry about running out or having to go to the store for more. My kids are just going to have to help out more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
        I’ve been wanting to hire an organizing/cleaning service for months. I feel like I have the time now if I can just motivate myself. Motivation is my enemy. Also, I don’t know where to start. I’d like to do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Now would be a good time to check out FlyLady.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
          I just can’t. I don’t want to worry about running out or having to go to the store for more. My kids are just going to have to help out more.

Amazon! Use them for breakfast and lunch and then use regular plates for dinner. 😀 No going out and no running out. And heck, if you run out you’re just back to what you’re doing now anyway. 🤪 But dish duty is a good kid job and a good skill to teach. Three kids and three main meals, you’re set! Theoretically of course, it wouldn’t work that smooth over here, lol. 😂
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
            Amazon! Use them for breakfast and lunch and then use regular plates for dinner. 😀 No going out and no running out. And heck, if you run out you’re just back to what you’re doing now anyway. 🤪 But dish duty is a good kid job and a good skill to teach. Three kids and three main meals, you’re set! Theoretically of course, it wouldn’t work that smooth over here, lol. 😂
            I try to alternate days on which the kids are responsible for laundry, kitchen, or common areas. It works until Lambie refuses to do any chores. Also, they never seem to understand what they are supposed to do to keep the common areas tidy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

My house is so clean right now and somehow staying that way. For real! With the kids at home all day.

Here's the secret:

1. Shove half of what you own in a POD and send it across the country. Preferably have some end destination, but there's nothing stopping you from picking some random address somewhere!
              2. Clean like you will lose $20K if your house doesn't look nice
              3. Spend all your free time cleaning and picking up stuff. All of it.

It's easy guys!!!!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Stay strong! <3
                Alison

Comment

I accidentally bought hundreds of paper plates from Walmart pickup a few weeks ago (I wasn't paying attention to the number), so we've been using paper plates a lot - it does help.
                  [MENTION=1889]SoonerTexan[/MENTION] - my home has NEVER looked as good as it did when we had it listed. With all our crap in the pod our townhouse looked huge and there were less toys to pickup. Also some toys got *lost* in the pod during the move.... just warning you to watch out for that!
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                  X