Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

House Paint Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I like the red/white/blue. If you ever had to sell you could always paint the front door to neutralize the Americana aspect.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My neighbor just sent me this picture. Same idea with a darker blue....or. I could go with a wood garage door and wood front door. I'll need to replace the garage door anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I haven't read all of the posts. BUT, how long do you plan to be in your house? More than a year or two? Do you plan to sell your house soon or do you plan to live in it? Choose what you want to see every time you pull into your driveway. Life is too damn short to worry about resale / what the neighbors think / etc.

Sorry, we have lost too many patients in the last 6 months to think of anything but living for today.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
          I haven't read all of the posts. BUT, how long do you plan to be in your house? More than a year or two? Do you plan to sell your house soon or do you plan to live in it? Choose what you want to see every time you pull into your driveway. Life is too damn short to worry about resale / what the neighbors think / etc.

Sorry, we have lost too many patients in the last 6 months to think of anything but living for today.
          I’m sorry you’ve lost so many patients. It sounds like your heart is hurting.

We plan to live in our house indefinitely. DrK has his own practice here. We’ve moved my mother here. Our youngest just finished kindergarten and we hope to stay in our school district until she finishes high school. Per the HOA regulations, we are required to paint our houses every 7 years so we will likely paint again before we move.

That said, I don’t want to paint the house an obnoxious color that will offend all the neighbors because I will likely be living among them for a long time. On the one hand, I want my house to look different than the others but not he other, I don’t want it to look bad. I’d much rather it be different in a “look at that cute, inviting house” way than in a “stay away from the weirdos in the wacky house” way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I really like the blue you used in the mock up! I don't think the red, white, and blue is so obvious that it would be weird. Go for it!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]. So far, my two nearest neighbors like the mock up. DrK is the hold out. He thinks the blue is too bright and wants to go darker (which is a no for me) or greyer. So, posting 6 more mock ups. Which one do you all like best?

Secret Cove

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by MrsK; 05-29-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Smokey Azurite

Comment

Leisure blue

Comment

Santorini Blue

Comment

Down Pour

Comment

Endless Sea

Comment

I like endless sea. Tell DrK he isn't home enough to get a vote!!!!!
                          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

MrsK, that was supposed to be a joke. It is what I do tell my husband
                            Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                              I like endless sea. Tell DrK he isn't home enough to get a vote!!!!!
                              Haha. this is the same argument I used when redoing my kitchen. Who cooks in this house?

Endless sea is so pretty. I want that color on my house.
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Another vote for endless sea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X