Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Applause please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applause please

I threw away the battery for my scale this week. I know, it wasn't the actual scale, but I want to be able to weigh eventually.

In the past, I have gotten really hung up on the numbers instead of how I'm feeling/doing. I am exercising and eating right and I'm afraid that if I don't see a change in the numbers that I'll give up too quickly.

I hit a certain low on the scale this week and decided that I wasn't going to keep getting off and on for the rest of the week. So far so good!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Yay!

You made my day!

Jenn

Comment

You made my day too!

Can I give you a hug?

Comment

Good for you Kris. A wise decision.

Comment

I didn't believe Jenn when she told me to do it.....but I am honestly obsessing waaaaaaaay less. Seriously...when I was doing the diet think I was weighing 5 or 10 times a day I just couldn't help myself....I felt discouraged if I was up a pound or two in a single day. Can anyone say DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I *knew* it was just from food/water intake, etc, but I would end up feeling badly about myself which led to me eventually overeating.

Now that I'm FREE from the scale, I have stopped thinking about it....I'm not counting calories, carbs or anything else...I'm just eating more sensibly, have gone vegetarian (for reasons other than weight loss) and feel better....

I don't know if I'm losing weight since I put the scale way, but...I hope that I'm at least reshaping my body....

kris

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            You made my day too!

Can I give you a hug?
            Do I get a cheap feel too? :>

kris

Comment

You don't have to ask. :>

Comment

Re: Applause please

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                I threw away the battery for my scale this week. I know, it wasn't the actual scale, but I want to be able to weigh eventually.

In the past, I have gotten really hung up on the numbers instead of how I'm feeling/doing. I am exercising and eating right and I'm afraid that if I don't see a change in the numbers that I'll give up too quickly.

I hit a certain low on the scale this week and decided that I wasn't going to keep getting off and on for the rest of the week. So far so good!

kris
                Excellent! Scales suck. Sounds like you're focusing on the right stuff--staying health--and not on the Comso version of how to get "the look."

Remember--those chicks are airbrushed!!

Comment

good job!!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                  X