Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK- so I hate running. The best part of running as far as I'm concerned is stopping.

BUT...it does burn the calories so I found the SHAPE running guide this month and I started it today. I didn't want to kill people while I was on the treadmill so I thought that was a positive start.

I want to be ready to do a 5k by Thanksgiving. My brother and my husband and I did a Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving morning last year and I must say as much as it sucked getting up, we all felt much more justified in having the two pieces of pie later.

Jenn

Re: 5k

Good for you, Jenn!

I saw this article link on Sparkpeople.com last week - it may or may not help you in your goal...

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I also hate running, but also want to start to lose a few pounds. Being in the South, I gotta wait another month for it to cool down a bit. I can maybe do one or two blocks of easy jogging and it's still too hot!

Comment

more power to ya! I'll wave from the sidelines!

Comment

Good for you! I also hate to run, I only do it as a means to an end (burn calories!). Good luck, you'll do great!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

That's awesome Jenn! I hate running too but committed to two 5K's last year and used the cool runnings method to get it done. Have fun hitting the pavement!
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

:exercise: !buen suerte!

I hope you find your running groove soon. I hate that initial start up period.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

So far so good, even w/ the return of the hubby. Or maybe because the man is unbelievably fit.

I'm going today after work.

Jenn

PS- It's still too hot to run much outside.

Comment

Don't forget to reward yourself if you hit a milestone, that is what keeps me going when I am training for an event. Sadly all it takes is a new $7 running watch for target to excited me...

Comment

Yes, and don't be like me and use Cold Stone Creamery as that reward.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

So far so good-

yes, it's like a couch potato to 5k thing.

Of course we had a fire drill at work on Friday and I somehow slid out of my shoe and did something to my ankle but it hurts less to run on it than to walk on it, oddly enough. I did some aerobics in the pool today and according to the magazine, this week it's run two minutes, walk three minutes for 30 minutes M/W/Sa with a 40 minute walk on Fr. But I'll switch it because it's a lot easier to walk for 40 minutes on Saturdays.

Jenn

Comment

go Jenn, go Jenn!

Comment

Wow, look at you! Go girl! I am seriously impressed!

Comment

Working...
                        X