Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

not really a lifestyle change....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not really a lifestyle change....

I hear all over the place when you start a fitness and diet plan that it's really a lifestyle change and not a "DIET." When I met with my doctor last week she flat out told me I needed to go on a DIET. EEEeeeek! :| That darn word again. No avoiding it I guess. Anyone have experience with putting yourself or your doctor putting you on a low cal diet and going through all the hunger and discomfort that goes along with that?? I love this site, but does anyone know of a super good support board that deals with this topic specifically?
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: not really a lifestyle change....

I'm on it! thank you!

Comment

I like South Beach. Sparkle.com is good too (and free).
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

how much have you lost on South Beach??

Comment

I just wanted to say this somewhere more public without posting it somewhere embarrassing like myspace or something! LOL!

I started this journey of health and fitness early Sept. Although I don't know exactly how much I've lost I do know since the middle/end of Sept until today I've lost 20 pounds and it feels wonderful to say that I did it with diet and exercises. I didn't even own a scale until mid Sept. I think I was a few pounds down by the time I bought the scale... but from the time I've been weighing... 20 pounds off! Yay!

:stars:

Comment

Yay for you!!!

:stars:
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thanks Sandy!

Comment

i just needed to get this out of my system today. i hope it isnt to much info, but here goes. i think i'm about to start in a few days. i'm pissy and i'm not losing any weight for the past couple days. it sucks that for 1 week out of the month my weight loss plan is high jacked by 'that time of the month.' There I said it. thanks for letting me vent...

Comment

Don't let it get you down, it happens to all of us.

My trainer measured me once during 'that time' and my waist was 3 inches bigger than normal. Certainly made me feel better- at least I wasn't making up the feeling bloated thing.

I just do what my body tells me is ok during that time- and I avoid stomach stuff as much as possible.- it hurts too much some days.

Jenn

Comment

Thank you Jenn!! It was a sucky week. But I stuck with the diet about 5 out of the last 7 days. A couple of those days I went over my calorie count by about 400, but it's still good for me. After I gained a few water weight pounds I was so disappointed that all I wanted to do was eat eat eat. I'm so happy I hung in there. I had put the scale away until today. Happy so say that I'm back where I started a week ago.

Comment

and poof like magic today i was down another 3 pounds from yesterday. crazy a$$ water weight. :| where does it come from and where the heck does it go?....... oh wait, don't answer that! LOL! Thanks again everyone for the support!

:exercise:

Comment

That's why I don't weight myself everyday- I'm way to OCD.

I weigh myself every few days and I try to guess where I am based on how I'm feeling.

I'm pissed because the yoga people have changed to their holiday schedule and really, 6am or 5pm don't quite fit into my lifestyle. I somehow think CPS would have a problem w/ me leaving Nikolai asleep in the carseat...

So, I'm off to walk the dogs because it's 70 degrees out w/ bright sunshine.

Jenn

Comment

I lost aproximately 15 pounds on South Beach. Phase I was hard, but after that it wasn't too difficult. I need to lose another 10-15 pounds, so maybe you have inspired me to get my ass in gear and watch what I eat. The sad part is that the only food that comes into this house I bring in, I just can't figure out how those chips and dip get in here. Must be the dogs.
                          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                            I lost aproximately 15 pounds on South Beach. Phase I was hard, but after that it wasn't too difficult. I need to lose another 10-15 pounds, so maybe you have inspired me to get my ass in gear and watch what I eat. The sad part is that the only food that comes into this house I bring in, I just can't figure out how those chips and dip get in here. Must be the dogs.
                            Luanne!

hahahaha You crack me up!!!!! I should have blamed the cats on my chip and dip addiction years ago!! haha too funny.

btw, have you ever tried those low calorie chips? there are tortilla and ruffle versions... my God they taste like crap. :| BUT if you are hurtin' for a chip (i've been there) and are eating it with something else (like chicken chili) you can hardly tell the difference.

Comment

My weakness is truly crunchy/salty/greasy. I enjoy sweets, but I NEED the salt & crunch. It must be like binge drinking, every now and then (MORE OFTEN THAN NOT) I can put away an entire bag of cool ranch doritos with a one pint conainer of sour cream as the dip This is a true comfort food for me. ACK, there, I admitted it publicly, that is supposed to be half the battle (shouldn't I lose 10 pounds for the confession?!?).
                              Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X