Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

not really a lifestyle change....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: not really a lifestyle change....

I'm definitely the salty crunchy kind of person, too. My downfall is cheese and crackers, olives, any kind of pate- bascially if it can be mushed up and spread on bread or crackers, I'm all over it.

and wine and beer. I try to behave during the week but I'm having a glass of wine (or two or three) on the weekends, dammit.

Jenn

Comment

How about Edamame? Salty, and you keep your hands busy. It's missing the crunch of chips, but they're pretty good.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Luanne wrote:
        My weakness is truly crunchy/salty/greasy. I enjoy sweets, but I NEED the salt & crunch. It must be like binge drinking, every now and then (MORE OFTEN THAN NOT) I can put away an entire bag of cool ranch doritos with a one pint conainer of sour cream as the dip This is a true comfort food for me. ACK, there, I admitted it publicly, that is supposed to be half the battle (shouldn't I lose 10 pounds for the confession?!?).
        What I do is buy individual packaging. Seriously. I buy a single candy bar rather than a bag (I'm chocoholic). I know that this is more expensive and a PITA to have to swing by a convenience store a couple times a week, but this really works for me. If it is in my house, it is soon to be on my thighs.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
          Originally posted by alison
          How about Edamame? Salty, and you keep your hands busy. It's missing the crunch of chips, but they're pretty good.
          I used to love the TJ's dry roasted edamame. YUM! Of course I'm sure it's not as healthy but it was salty and crunchy. They don't seem to be carrying them anymore though.

They aren't because they aren't carrying anything from China anymore.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Ok I'm checking in with good news. I am now half way to my weight loss goal. I'm down 25 pounds as of yesterday!! 12/21. I'm in shock really. I know I've worked hard to get here, but I'm a little shocked I'm here. It's not sinking in. I’m speechless! :huh:

Last week I had gained 4+ pounds of water weight and wanted to quit this whole thing. I'm so glad today that I'm still with it. Thanks again everyone for the support through this maze!

:happyrolling:
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                My weakness is truly crunchy/salty/greasy. I enjoy sweets, but I NEED the salt & crunch. It must be like binge drinking, every now and then (MORE OFTEN THAN NOT) I can put away an entire bag of cool ranch doritos with a one pint conainer of sour cream as the dip This is a true comfort food for me. ACK, there, I admitted it publicly, that is supposed to be half the battle (shouldn't I lose 10 pounds for the confession?!?).
                I have a addiction to chips and dip like no other! I can't bring the stuff in the house because it's gone in a matter of hours! Anyways, I've been snacking on low fat cheese-its. It still gives me that crunchy and salty thing, but not crazy high cal count. What I have to do in order to not down the whole box in a day is count out how much I can have and then just put the rest of it away. There is no way in a million years I could do with with chips, but for some reason I'm ok to do this with the little cheese its. About 20 = 95 calories. It really does give me that fix….. Which I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! HAHAHA!
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                X