Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Triathletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alison! Thank you so much for going on a mission to find me some shorts! I appreciate it *hugs* I'm going to go looking for these on line and see what I can find. These Sugoi don't have a seam done the center, but the side seams seem (hee hee) to be bother me, mostly the right side. Mind you I only have one kind of short, I probably need to branch out. (I only wish there weren't so expensive!).

Speaking of the word "kit" I just learned what that was! Today one of the guys came in my office and looked at my bike and we started talking about biking and clothes. He was like yeah my "kit" is pretty good. I first smiled and just figured I would figure it out, but ....after he kept referring to it, I had to ask. Um....what is a kit. He smiled and was like your riding outfit. lol See I need the expert instruction so I don't look totally out of it lol. (which I am) lol.

ST: yeah i thought about men's too: you never know...we all need "padding" down there! Plus I think I need to look at getting some of these "bibs" because yeah....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
      Plus I think I need to look at getting some of these "bibs" because yeah....lol
      See, guys like bibs because it means less constriction at the waist. But if you have boobies it is really hard to find bibs that are cut properly and fit well! I think most women just stick with regular shorts.
      Alison

Comment

Oh so bibs aren't something you add to shorts?? I'm confused, maybe I should look up a picture of said "bibs" because obviously I have no clue what they are!! LMAO!

Comment

Oh so bibs aren't something you add to shorts?? I'm confused, maybe I should look up a picture of said "bibs" because obviously I have no clue what they are!! LMAO!
          Yeah, "bib shorts" are just padded cycling shorts with suspenders instead of waist elastic.
          Alison

Comment

So I think my saddle which is 150mm..might be too big, and might fare better with the 140mm. How I have come to this is that when I cycle my legs down, my biggest complaint is that my upper thigh rubs against the saddle. I thought this was because of my position. But even after many tries to put myself in the "proper" position, I still find this issue. So I think I may try to exchange the saddles at HTO this weekend and see if that makes a big difference. I do have a big 2.5 hour ride on Saturday that I may give the 150mm saddle one last try (mostly because my workout is at 6am and the store doesn't open up until 9am Oh and I'm gonna look at the bibs today And a wetsuit ......soon

Comment

Yeah, "bib shorts" are just padded cycling shorts with suspenders instead of waist elastic.
              And they are decidely UN-sexy. They come home all sweaty, rip off their jersey...only to reveal skinny arms and an under-developed white chest with suspenders...combined with crazy farmer tan lines.

With cyclists all the good stuff is in plain view already--the legs and the booty
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                And they are decidely UN-sexy. They come home all sweaty, rip off their jersey...only to reveal skinny arms and an under-developed white chest with suspenders...combined with crazy farmer tan lines.

With cyclists all the good stuff is in plain view already--the legs and the booty

Ooh - yeah, the farmer's tan - SEXXXXXXXY! Eyeroll.

Hey, do you think there is an International Cyclist Spouse Network? If not, maybe we should start one - as a spouse of one, I can attest that much support is needed - hee, hee.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Ooh - yeah, the farmer's tan - SEXXXXXXXY! Eyeroll.

Hey, do you think there is an International Cyclist Spouse Network? If not, maybe we should start one - as a spouse of one, I can attest that much support is needed - hee, hee.
                  Haha--yes! Maybe we could get Sheryl Crow and Lance's other ex too...

The farmers tans are awful--in all of our honeymoon pictures too!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by soonertexan View Post
                    and they are decidely un-sexy. They come home all sweaty, rip off their jersey...only to reveal skinny arms and an under-developed white chest with suspenders...combined with crazy farmer tan lines.

lmao.
                    Alison

Comment

LOL

Well today I am going to replace my saddle for the 140mm and see how that does, and get a reflector light> I ride early in the mornings, and I think I must look like a small dark smudge as I'm racing around the cool city roads at 5am: meaning I'm not quite visable to traffic. And maybe if time permits, check out some wet suits. 3 weeks an counting today! By this time in 3 weeks I'll be finished (hopefully-race starts at 6:30am) and regaining my facilities about me!

Comment

Well today I am going to replace my saddle for the 140mm and see how that does, and get a reflector light> I ride early in the mornings, and I think I must look like a small dark smudge as I'm racing around the cool city roads at 5am: meaning I'm not quite visable to traffic.
                        Not reflectors, you need a powerful steady white light on the front and a red light, possibly two, with or without blinkie functions on the back. Depending on where you live this may actually be the law.

Can't wait to cheer you on virtually! There's a duathlon near me that had me going, HMMMMMM, but it's in less than a month and there's no way I'd be ready.
                        Alison

Comment

Alison! You should do it! Really, you know it would be great!

So verdict on new saddle. I have used it now for 2 days, no long rides, just commuting back and for to work. Such a difference! It feels so much better. Interesting how just 10mm makes such a difference. Plus the expert guy told me to try Gore shorts, so I tried on a pair, and def felt better to my older sugoi's instantly. Man I have no idea about shorts! So I'm gonna try them tomorrow on my shorter ride 1.5hrs. Plus I did get camois butter: funny it's called DZNuts. lol I couldn't believe it. So I'll try that tomorrow too! So many new toys lol

Plus I did get the red back light flasher, and I think I need a front one too. Just that the one I got was on sale lol, and I think I just got distracted and forgot the white one! Also I got a tri-suit! Yikes! I figured I would try one on: there were only two. A blue one and black one. They both looked, honestly, pretty good. But I went with the black one. I don't to stand out...at all! lol I was thinking what am I going to wear for this thing? 5 years ago for my sprint, I work a 2 piece sport swim suit, with running shorts for the bike and run. Needless to say, not the most comfortable thing to compete in. But...this is a strong but: I haven't really wore a Onesy: i mean since college track. So.....lol...it's kinda interesting to think of wearing it. But I think it will be much easier to compete in, so I don't have to worry about much other than, getting out of my wet suit (which I still haven't been able to find a store to get one!). So hopefully I'll just blend into the crowd in my black Onesy!

So it was a busy Sunday at HTO, but I think I made out alright. Plus, I am fully healthy again, and my eye is better !! So I my workout today was great! I got new googles...I won't lie this are the best googles ever! They don't move and have great visual. I'll post what they are when I get home and look at them again. Worth the 24.99.

Any tips on shoes?? and the sock or no sock phenom?

Comment

Dave Zabriskie's Nuts! I swear DZ is my favorite cyclist, he is hilarious.

I think my commuter shoes were Shimano and my race shoes were Pearl Izumi. I forget what my spinning class shoes were. I seem to recall my DH's brand of choice is Diadora, or maybe Sidi. But it's another of those personal fit things. I think you also have to worry about whether it has the holes pre-set for your brand of pedals/cleats.

Definitely thin breathable cycling socks! Mine are mostly Pearl or DeFeet, for cool weather my hubby prefers SmartWool.
                            Alison

Comment

LOL yeah DZ! I have to say putting it on today..it was like.."Whoooo!" it was um....refreshing?? lol man oh man...that's an interesting feeling! I need to look DZ up and see what he's all about...he def has a sense of humor! I saw some some really nice looking Pearl shoes.....i'll have to do some browsing

Comment

LOL yeah DZ! I have to say putting it on today..it was like.."Whoooo!" it was um....refreshing?? lol man oh man...that's an interesting feeling! I need to look DZ up and see what he's all about...he def has a sense of humor! I saw some some really nice looking Pearl shoes.....i'll have to do some browsing
                                Google "Dave Zabriskie flash interviews". This was the one that had me screaming with laughter when he first posted it:

Here is an on the bike interview with Charlie Wegelius of the Liquigas Team.

DZ: Charlie have you ever actually had Liquigas?

CW: You mean like when the **** comes out of your *** in a Liquid?

DZ: Sure.

CW: I had to quit the Giro in 2003 because of it.

DZ: Thanks for the interview.

-Dave Z.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X