Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Triathletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO!!! Must google now!

Comment

Well guys, I finished Nation's Tri!! It was a great day, despite the pouring rain all morning and having to wait in the cold rain for 2 hours in just my tri-suit! The swim was my worst event, had trouble with the masses of people trying to drown me, but I think that will improve with just doing more triathlons. I really was able to make up the longer time on the swim in the bike and run. Overall, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to do the next one! My tri-suit (Pearl izumi) was the best thing to compete it, and very comfortable. The new saddle, and bike shorts really helped as well. I didn't get to practice the week before because we got a new puppy, so no more free time. But regardless of that and the 11 days off for sickness I think I did fairly well for my first time!

Thanks ladies for all your support and advice! I couldn't have done it without you!

My SO had scheduled that weekend off call, but a personal resident issue came up that week and he had to pull call. I competed alone with no one I knew there, but he was able to come pick me up after the event. That's how it goes I guess.

Then he has been trying to take me out to dinner to celebrate, but "things" keep coming up: but you all know how that is.

Not to dwell on it, I had a great time and can't wait to do another one!!

Thanks again!! *BIG HUGS*

Comment

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Comment

Yes, way to go!!!!
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Nice! Congrats!!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Awesome!!

so, how well did the padded cycling shorts work??
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm so impressed!
                Kris

Comment

After having two kids I am now inspired to do a triathlon....granted it's a sprint tri. I put down the 90 bucks for an all women race in September. I'm signing up for swim classes to up my swim game and need to look into buying a bike once the snow leaves. Anyone else doing one this spring/summer? I'm nervous but also really excited. The hardest thing is finding time to workout with the kids.
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Yup--I'm doing one in March.

As for bikes--I recommend this one:

Cheapest road bike you'll find out there--I love mine. You wont be the only newbie at a sprint tri--most of the time 75% are new. Good luck!
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the bike. Did you go to a bike store first to get measured or is it solely based on height/weight?
                      Danielle
                      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I guessed at it, but I'd go to the store to get measured. I was sort of in-between sizes so it worked out anyway, but I thought I might have gotten the wrong size for awhile.
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                        X