Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michele View Post
    Random fact: My sister roller skated competitively for about 10 years.
    My dad did, too! I have black and white (and barely color) photos of him with his partner!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

When I was really counting my calories, I limited myself to 1,200/day. I soon discovered that I normally eat between 1,000-1,200/day, anyway. I actually have to force myself to consume more than 1,200/day.

I have a CRAZY low metabolism so calorie restriction doesn't really work for me. My baseline for maintaining my weight should be around 2,100 calories/day, but it's actually nowhere near that high.

Comment

I am around 1200 calories per day (24 weight watchers points) but that will go down for me...granted, I'm also supposed to eat an extra 35 points per week (spread out or saved up)...I've been tracking on a food app and I'm consistently around 1200...but I'll be doing a free meal a week too.

Comment

I'm at about 1200 but I'm usually much less than that. With this boot camp thing I'm doing, according to their chart, i'm eating like a 110 lb male. Seriously?!!! They say I should be in the 2000 range. That will *never ever* happen. I can barely eat 1200 a day. And I'd be as big as a damn house...

Comment

Left to my natural appetite I consume 2500-3000 per day. I've been restricting to around 1600-1800 per day.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I am supposed to be at 1550. When I exercise, especially insanity, I am starving. I am better to eat more frequent smaller meals per day.

Thus far, I have pretty much sucked. I played tennis twice, but nothing else. Life took over. I have also not been on the calorie bandwagon. I am trying to eat healthier, then cut down on portions.
              Needs

Comment

My scale is an evil sonofabitch. I have gained .2lbs everyday for three days even though I have been strictly following the rules...wtf??? So unbelievably pissed. These type of shenanigans aren't supposed to happen for another month at least! Grrrr!

Taking an off day in hopes of revving things up.

Comment

1 h Body Attack (cardio) and 1 h of Body Pump (weights). Followed by 30 minutes of raking leaves. My abs are still sore from Wednesday. But I'm down another 1/2 pound.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                    My scale is an evil sonofabitch. I have gained .2lbs everyday for three days even though I have been strictly following the rules...wtf??? So unbelievably pissed. These type of shenanigans aren't supposed to happen for another month at least! Grrrr!
                    How do you feel? Do you feel strong? How are your clothes fitting? Looser?

Then fuck the scale. It's just a number. That number doesn't dictate your existence. It doesn't get to tell you how you should feel about yourself.

Comment

• Put the scale away. (Says the girl who could weigh in every day)
                      I got weighed today, and I've lost 3 oz since last Sat. The chick (my friend calls happy pants...lol) that does the fat calipers wasn't there so, I didn't get my fat pinched today. Oh well.
                      We worked on core today. Core and upper body don't bother me. But hot damn, legs are brutal. Ug.
                      Last edited by rainbabies; 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Pole Dancing fitness class for me on Monday!!
                        sigpic
                        buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                          Out of curiosity, for those of you counting cals, how many are you allotting yourself each day? I'm targeted for 1200 but usually have between 1000 - 1200, 4 or 5 days a week, and then around 13000 - 1600 the other days. In other words I net out over the week.

What about anyone else?

Also - the Exhale Spa DVDs are AMAZEBALLS.
                          Lose It has me budgeted for 1296 at the moment with the plan to lose 1.5 lbs a week. Of course, as I lose weight, my daily calorie budget decreases. Some days I effortlessly stay within budget while other days it's a damn struggle to not eat 2000 calories.

So the scale has finally started to budge which has given me exactly the motivation I needed to keep going. I'm down about about 3 lbs thus far. I've been consistently working out every other day for about 40-60 minutes each time. Workouts have mostly consisted of using the C25K zombie run app but I've thrown an elliptical and weight training workout in for variety. DH and I also played tennis today for the first time in nearly a year.
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat

Also - the Exhale Spa DVDs are AMAZEBALLS.
                            Which ones are you using? I looked online and it looks like there's 10 different ones. How long is each workout?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
                              Pole Dancing fitness class for me on Monday!!
                              Let me know how that goes! I've been curious about that for awhile and if I had a friend to go with I would do it.

Comment

• After my first workout with the minimalist shoes, I'm a complete convert. First time I've EVER had zero foot pain during a work out, and that includes when I was far younger and in excellent shape.

I still wear ankle braces, but I feel FAR more stable without all the extraneous padding. I was concerned that at least my Morton's neuromae would act up, but I don't have even a twinge of irrigation. Hell, even when I used to bike (completely non-weight bearing) I'd still have some discomfort at the site of the neuromae.

Minimalist shoes are a total win for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X