Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Detox cleanse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detox cleanse?

Anyone tried doing a detox cleanse? I'm looking for one to do to try to detox my body. A friend of mine has done several and is willing to do it with me so I have someone experienced in it with me. If you tried one, which one was it? I have a couple of requirements. I have to be able to drink coffee (sweetened with stevia, using almond milk for dairy) and I need to be able to have some protein each day.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

I started to try the lemon, maple syrup and cayanne pepper once... not sure if it's healthy, prob not since you can't eat or drink anything else. Gwyneth Paltrow had one I wanted to try on her Goop site because that one lets you eat and because she seems to research things and knows experts personally.

Comment

What does it do? Don't your liver and kidneys already "detox" your body as much as it can be done?

Comment

It cleans you out? I guess.

Here's one we're looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-Sup...+Detox+cleanse
        Veronica

Comment

You sound like a Dr lol... dunno cleans out the plumbing and the mentioned detoxers? Can't say I have ever followed through on one til the end but I've heard you feel like a new person once you're emptied out

Comment

Veronica, my friend did a veggie and fruit juice cleanse to get rid of baby weight and it worked for her...She also started running at the same time so I don't know how much of it was the cleanse and how much was the extra cardio. Let me know if you want me to ask her which one she did.

Comment

Just talked with DH. His exact words were, "Detox cleanses are bullshit. If you have a functional liver and kidneys, that's as good as it gets..."

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                Just talked with DH. His exact words were, "Detox cleanses are bullshit. If you have a functional liver and kidneys, that's as good as it gets..."
                I think I flove T!
                Kris

Comment

DD, that's exactly what DH says all the time.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Well, I'm using it as a last resort or a "why the hell not" and not for weight loss.
                    Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      That's exactly what my DH said, LOL!
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

It's what mine says too. I know. I don't care. I'm just checking to see if anyone has tried one.
                        Veronica

Comment

Amelie, is that the master cleanse? A bunch of celebrities were saying it helped their skin and such? I like junk food and carbs too much to do a cleanse...started drinking lots of water to flush out the system and it seems to be helping..? Knocking on wood...

Comment

V-girl, last year when I couldn't swallow I inadvertently put myself on a cleanse. I could only eat very cleanly and due to the nerve damage things just tasted weird. I couldn't eat meat or bread and sugar tasted awful. So I ate fruit/veggie smoothies with protein powder. It was a cleanse of sorts because I cut out wheat and sugar. Even though I couldn't swallow, my bloating went away and my stomach felt better than it ever had. Maybe try cutting out wheat and sugar? When I tried to do a "cleanse" many years ago, I couldn't stomach it...I was too hungry and ended up over-eating go figure.
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Of course, that's why I said DD sounds like a Dr.

Curegirl, yes that's it, I have the book, and it's full of typos lol. It's my pet peeve, typos in books, and I no longer wanted to do it based on that. I have heard really good things about it though but I don't trust that it says it provides all the nutrition you need and you can survive for I don't know how many days on it and no food. Looking at the nutritional value of each of the ingredients, well you know it's lacking. I wanted to lose weight at one time but I have lost all the weight I wanted to lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X