Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How far? How fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eek. I'm not sure I can answer your question. I found this:

https://www.runtothefinish.com/disco...nners-dilemma/

This is a pretty good guide.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
      eek. I'm not sure I can answer your question. I found this:

https://www.runtothefinish.com/disco...nners-dilemma/

This is a pretty good guide.
      Thank you. I bookmarked that as I don't have lots of time right now, but I will give it a good look over. I'm guessing from your response that it isn't an easy question for you either. It's so natural to accept pain and just run with it.
      token iMSN "not a medical spouse"

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        Oh and if you go when they’re still waking up, it’s not boring. But mine all took stuffed animals and books too so they’re fine. And who cares if they’re a little bored for the last 5 mins? You’re teaching them a lesson about taking care of yourself.

Trust me, I have had kids scream 50% of the run. Had to stop and discipline. Threatened many loss of privileges, etc. But I just put my headphones on and kept going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        All right... I'm negotiating a double jogging stroller on offer up right now. Was supposed to pick it up yesterday but the roads got super icy/snowy and we rescheduled. It's not a Bob or anything, but I'm going to give it a shot. I'm a little nervous - I wish I had been running regularly before I added a stroller - but i guess i can always stop and walk with the stroller too. I guess my neighbors can laugh :P my neighbors all know i used to run a lot - they've made comments at neighborhood association meetings, etc, but i pretty much quit cold turkey when the babes came along. I'm really not concerned what they think, just imagining how hard I'm going to die when I get that stroller here...

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran a mile yesterday it was so cold and the 2yo cried/whined the entire time, but from cold, not boredom. It was actually 37 out, so i thought it'd be fine, but it was crazy windy and he just couldn't take it on his face. Neither could I. Hopefully the weather improves soon and we'll try again!

Comment

Originally posted by Elchorrito View Post
            I ran a mile yesterday it was so cold and the 2yo cried/whined the entire time, but from cold, not boredom. It was actually 37 out, so i thought it'd be fine, but it was crazy windy and he just couldn't take it on his face. Neither could I. Hopefully the weather improves soon and we'll try again!
            You can do it!! It's a mile less than you would have run without the stroller!!

We just pile on blankets and coats and gloves and hats so they don't get too cold. Also, first thing in the AM or right after nap is a great time so they're not yet awake and bored yet. I find if I randomly make them stop playing and get in the stroller, that's not popular.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
              You can do it!! It's a mile less than you would have run without the stroller!!

We just pile on blankets and coats and gloves and hats so they don't get too cold. Also, first thing in the AM or right after nap is a great time so they're not yet awake and bored yet. I find if I randomly make them stop playing and get in the stroller, that's not popular.
              Plus, as I told my sister-in-law, now that the first run is out of the way I have confidence and the next should be easier! But yes, I'm going to have to fit it into our schedule somewhere that makes sense for the boys. I think they will enjoy it, but the wind was pretty brutal. The baby didn't seem to mind, but he was bundled up pretty well. The 2yo was sitting up more and kind of leaning out into the wind.

Comment

Working...
              X