Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

PrincessFiona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kris, that's great! I'm so proud of your progress! You are doing excellent!

Comment

Awesome! Go Kris, go Kris! :ra:
      Needs

Comment

Except I gained the 2 lost pounds back doing absolutely nothing wrong. I finally just HAD it today and had a meltdown of sorts and ate stuff that isn't on my *diet*. It is just bs that I can eat 700-900 calories a day and not just not have the weight just falling off of me....but to gain based on some stupid water fluctuations or whatever. It's not fair.

My husband can eat whatever he wants and he gains nothing...he's stressed out, skips a few meals and his pants are falling off of him...I starve myself and maintain.

Seriously, if anyone ever approaches me and tells me it is all about calories in/calories burned I'll pop em.

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

That means it is time to put the scale back in the trunk.

Comment

Ummm, you are doing fine. I am jealous of how good you are doing!

Put the sale in the trunk. You are doing awesome!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

STOP OBSESSING.

You are a woman. Women have weight fluctuations because we are women. It's a part of the gig. When you weigh yourself obsessively, beat yourself up for things over which you have no control and then compare yourself to your much taller HUSBAND, you're going to be depressed.

STOP. Go. Put. the. Scale. AWAY.

You're doing fine. You didn't gain weight in one month, stop expecting to lose it in one month. Relax. and there is no such thing as good or bad foods. Some things may trigger over-eating. Avoid those foods and drinks.

You're fine.

Jenn

Comment

I agree with Heidi and Jenn. Get rid of the scale! Or else I will drive up to MN and take the thing!

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

Good luck, Kris. I agree with everyone that your meal plan sounds like STARVATION - - I eat that much in a single meal, I am not joking.

Do you have any time or are you generally feeling up to exercise? I have never really dieted (I am probably more like your husband in metabolism though who knows time could change that!) - - but I find that I can eat whatever I want so long as I exercise. I swim, run and do pilates each week and walk about two miles a day (live in the city so this is transportation/dog walking). Anyway, no gain on that regime and I come from a family where everyone has very serious weight issues (like 200 pounds over normal body weight).

Anyway, I have thought alot about food/exercise as a result of the family background and here are my conclusions about what works:
                  1) I only do exercise I enjoy though I will try a new form of exercise avout 20 times before I reject it (I once read somewhere you have to do something 20 times to form a habit, who knows if that is correct but I have found that exercise I didn't like the first dozen or so classes eventually ended up being my favorite). Also, if you let yourself get through the first few rough months, you will find yourself craving and needing exercise and feeling really cranky without it; and
                  2) I only eat foods that I like. I build from a diet of healthy foods that I love - - that way its fun. For example, right now my favorite thing is heirloom tomatoes with basil and arugula on good bread, drizzled with some olive oil - - go to your local farmers market! The good thing about healthy foods that you love is that while you are enjoying eating them you lose your taste for grease and processed food and excessive sugar. Truly you do - - I still enjoy french fries on occasion but to sit down to a meal with multiple fried things on the plate or a large portion of something with alot of butter doesn't taste good to me anymore; and
                  3) If I have a serious craving, then I give into it. If I want a cookie then I run out and get it (we don't keep much of that stuff in the house) - - if I try to resist then I end up eating five cookies instead of one. So, I think super strong cravings must be satsified!

Anyway, I think your loss so far is amazing. You should be celebrating!!

Comment

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

way to go, kris!!!
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

:ra:

You rock!

Comment

Go Kris, Go!
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                          X