Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I am trying to lose 20 lbs. I can work out but struggle with consistency and eating.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
      So impressed you're doing an ironman! That takes so much time and dedication!
      I did a half ironman two years in a row now, and I can't even imagine a full! I found that if I could build running or biking into my commute a couple times a week that helped. I'd always let swimming slide bc it's my strongest of the three. Lots of stretching and a little yoga were essential for my hip flexors!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      I'm afraid there's no Ironman in me unless you count the hours I spend keeping the family crease free! I've not even done a half so I doff my hat to you!

DW is the new member of the Ironman, or should that be the Ironwoman club. I've been mechanic, child care and training buddy.

I'm now awaiting a new balance to return to family life....

Really proud of her though!

Dave
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

• I've been hiking more and running less lately, but I'm still feeling good and fairly strong and my foot is way better, so yay!

A funny thing, I was going through some papers I found, and some of them were the printouts I used to get from my trainer at the gym back when that was my major hobby. I now weigh as much as I did when my body fat was 19% and I went to the gym every day I wasn't on the bike. (My bodyfat scale says I'm way higher than that now, but I think it's thrown off by my junk in the trunk, LOL. I'm probably between 20-25%.) But the crazy thing is that it's really *not* a hobby any more. I hike or run for a little quiet time or because it feels good, but I don't think about or plan for it at all. I dunno, it feels good.

I think about this article a lot in relation to the time invested in getting lean vs. the results. I feel like I'm in exactly the range I want to be in, given my lifestyle and priorities. http://www.precisionnutrition.com/cost-of-getting-lean
        Alison

Comment

• Just signed up to the Berlin Half Marathon in April. Great city I've never visited and a good flat course for a PR......

6 months to get ready.

Dave
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

• I need to join this thread. 5.5 months postpartum and I've only lost 5 of the 30 lbs I need to get back to pre-baby weight. The weather has cooled slightly from hotter than hades to mostly bearable so I've been taking DD for a stroller jog most evenings the past few weeks. It hasn't made the scale budge the tiniest bit though. The fat seems directly related to my food intake (or more specifically, carbs and sugar intake). I'm still struggling with accepting this. A year ago I could eat just about anything as long as it was in moderation. Now, not so much. It looks like I'm going to have to totally eliminate a good number of things from my diet and I need to just suck it the hell up do it. Easier said than done, especially with the holidays looming. *le sigh*
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• [MENTION=1890]niener[/MENTION], I completely understand, but 5 months really isn't that long. Your hormones are probably still getting back to normal, and you likely aren't getting a full night's sleep every night. I know it's a wonderful milestone, getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight, but it will be so much easier in a few more months. For now, I would just focus on mostly healthy eating with a few treats and keep up the walks/jogs.

My update... I ran alone this morning and tried to focus on keeping my pace up. I did 5 miles at 10'46"/mile. That was my fastest run since I started tracking them! DH and I have decided to race each other (instead of running together) in a 10k next month. I love having races scheduled - good motivation!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Wow good for you, LM!!

Niener, I'd say go easy on yourself too. Great that you're running though!

I still haven't weighed, but I don't think I've lost. starting week 4 of paleo. Still focusing on lowering carb intake to around 50g a day. Haven't had much success yet. I've allowed some cheats -- cheese dressing at dinner and some bread the next day -- definitely feel better sticking to the diet.

Funniest thing, DH is the one who got me into this. He's wanted to do paleo for years. His cheats started by eating up the yogurt etc in the house. Then burgers at restaurants. Now he finally broke down and asked me to buy cereal for his breakfasts!!! I lol'ed.

Not cheap though, my grocery bills have been between $180-200+ a week.

Comment

• Totally agree with [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]. Keep up the walks and jogs, and everything else will fall into place. The whole thing with 9 months on, 9 months off is really true.

Comment

• Originally posted by memyselfandI View Post
                    Hi! I am trying to lose 20 lbs. I can work out but struggle with consistency and eating.

I struggle with consistency, too. It's really hard for me to eat healthy for more than a day or two at a time.

Comment

• Me three! I struggle with consistency but I'm trying.

I recently went to inspirational talk by a local nutritional coach (Tracie Fountain - itsyourplate.com). The big takeaway was to eat foods your great grandmother would and always pair your carbs with a protein to balance your blood sugar and avoid that sugar crash. It's so easy to reach for the carb. She suggests that you should pick your protein first, then your carb.

When I follow her advice, I feel awesome. When I'm not consistent, I feel puffy. The struggle is real people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm struggling with motivation. I'm doing it, but it doesn't feel good, ya know? After my friends show I got a little depressed. I think she was expecting me to be inspired and encouraged! I reined my calories back in. They were getting out of control. And I had taken 2 weeks off from training because life got in the way. I'm back at the gym this week and just feel blah. I'm doing it though. Hoping to feel inspired again. My calories are on point. And I'm getting all my colors in every day. And the fat is melting off. I should be feeling great! But I'm not. I'm going it's just a slump in the cycle.....I felt on fire and amazing this summer. So much energy! I felt like I could train 5+ hours a day. But the past few weeks, I'm struggling to just get through the basics. I'm needing caffeine to get through the day. (Still no diet coke though! Almost 15 months soda free! )

I'm not feeling it. But I'm doing it.
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• What have you been doing? I need the fat to melt off, lol.

Comment

• I hope you can find that spark again Michele, that sounds wonderful! Maybe a new class? New activity? Something to switch it up a little?

The past few days for me were bad. It's pms week and I never eat well during that time. Pizza, cookies, milkshake, entire bag of candy corn -- all has been consumed in the last 4 days (these are not examples of the "moderation" I spoke of earlier...). Mercifully the scale doesn't seem to reflect this week; it hasn't budged. Still walking or jogging with the stroller every evening and pushed a faster pace than normal yesterday so I felt pretty good about that. My intent now is to toss any leftover "junk" in the kitchen.
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Gymratting was like that for me. It was so inspiring to see how others were sculpting their bodies...but then so overwhelming to see the commitment and the tiny changes over time. I was also frustrated with myself when I stopped being so into it, and wondering/scared what was going to happen to my hard-earned physique. That was around the time when I really doubled down, and got into some potentially unhealthy headspace with all the severe calorie counting and nutrient obsessing.

But I hope you can change something up and find that spark again, because you were loving the gym! Maybe if you re-evaluate where you want to be, really pin down a specific goal? And holy moly, way to go on the Diet Coke, I had no idea you'd cut it out for good! Seriously strong work!
                              Alison

Comment

• I've just ordered this to keep me motivated.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Run-Die-Insp.../dp/0241004853

I saw this guy run once and it was incredible.
                                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X