Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my running buddies collapsed on our run today. Tunnel vision, loss of balance, spasms/fit. Thankfully only a few hundred yards from road and help.

Not sure of outcome from A&E yet.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh man. Hope he is ok. Scary stuff. Let's hope it's just dehydration. It's amazing how much dehydration can do.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• That's so scary! Hope they're ok now and get checked out!

I'm so tired today... Been falling asleep reading/watching TV the past couple nights, then can't sleep when I do go to bed for an hour or so. I'm at the gym doing weights, but I can already tell it's going to be one of those meh workouts. At least I'm here, right?...
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• Yup!

The thinking is it's along the arrhythmia lines. Further investigations to follow. We've a half planned for April and time will tell how this affects his training.

Turn the TELLY off!
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh man hope he's alright!

Got a little lazy over the weekend with visitors in the house and ate a good deal of takeout. Scale went up a pound. Back on the wagon and some good home cooking this week!
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Ran with out my pal and was *cough* quicker?! Garmin down so can't see stats yet.
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Holy pumpkin balls!! I've lost track of how long I've been doing paleo, and I haven't tracked calories in over a week because there's no way I can go over unless I cheat... And who counts calories on their cheat days?

This morning I made paleo pumpkin pie balls. Nuts, pumpkin puree, and dates. I ate a couple spoonfuls and left for work. I felt drugged for over an hour. Guess that means I'm pretty sensitive to sugar....

Comment

• I went for a run today, first time in weeks...I only went less than two miles, but it was 47 and rainy and wind gusting to 40 mph, so I think I get a bonus for that!
                  Alison

Comment

• Definite bonus! Good for you!

I made it to yoga three times this week! As much as I love being busy it sure feels good to take care of me. Also, I finally lost some weight!! I've been the same freaking weight for three weeks. 1?3.4 lbs. Today I was 1?2.8! yayyy

Comment

• Weights and ellipticals today. Also time for a new belt! Woo hoo! When I started, I was on the last available hole, and now it's too big. Didn't realize that until I got new jeans today.
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• That kind of tangible process is so great! Way to go!

I've decided to step back from running for now. If I get really motivated I'll go, but between the weather and my backslide of fitness it's just not doing me any good to feel guilty about not running, procrastinate getting ready, then go out and suffer in the cold for 30 minutes, then come back in. At least if I just bundle myself and go for a walk I can get a good hour of exercise and fresh air!
                        Alison

Comment

• Wow that's awesome, LM!

Its a cold, dreary day. I had things to do this afternoon but I'm giving myself a pass so I'll have energy to go to yoga.

Comment

• Woohoo go LM!!
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• BAMF, [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great run today but stumbled on the hill and picked up an Achilles pain just down the side. Going to have rest for a few days. Boo.
                                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X