Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock on with your 10 minute stroller mile! Nice! Run/walk combos that get your heart rate consistently up still improve your fitness, so totally don't hesitate to do that if it works better for the other issues. (When my dad had his heart issues, he went from running every other day to walking daily. After a year or more of this, he carefully tried running a 5K with no other training. He said he felt every bit as fit as ever, because by being able to up his workouts to daily, he got even more benefit from walking than running -- he was a strict 9 minute mile runner, and is now a strict 15 minute mile walker. )

I hope the core work helps! What kinds of movements do you do on the TRX for that? I also just try to focus on what I guess are isometrics, keeping my pelvis level and my abs taut while I walk or do other stuff.
    Alison

Comment

• I can't wait to start losing weight postpartum. I'm already over my highest weight from when I was pregnant with E. I tell myself it's partly that he is bigger and partly the polyhydramnios, but I also know my clothes are tighter, and I've just put on more in general. I try to get up and walk around, especially since it helps some with the contractions, but I'm just so tired, and I get worried about dilating and water breaking.

Sent from Tapatalk
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• I find comfort knowing I am not alone with weight loss struggle. Thanks for being so honest ladies.

I went off the pill and went from a size 10 to 18. My best friend lost weight going off of it so I never could have imagined that'd I gain so much so quickly. As it turns out I have PCOS.

I started seeing a nutritionist in October, and she's awesome. I've been working on pairing carbs and proteins (not as easy as you'd think) and eating 120g protein / max 180g carbs a day. So far I've lost 16lbs! I'm finally starting to feel like me again. For so long it's been as though the outer me didn't match who I was on the inside. I finally feel like I am going on the right path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsInTheMiddle View Post
          I find comfort knowing I am not alone with weight loss struggle. Thanks for being so honest ladies.

I went off the pill and went from a size 10 to 18. My best friend lost weight going off of it so I never could have imagined that'd I gain so much so quickly. As it turns out I have PCOS.

I started seeing a nutritionist in October, and she's awesome. I've been working on pairing carbs and proteins (not as easy as you'd think) and eating 120g protein / max 180g carbs a day. So far I've lost 16lbs! I'm finally starting to feel like me again. For so long it's been as though the outer me didn't match who I was on the inside. I finally feel like I am going on the right path.

16lbs!! Congratulations!! I've thought a lot about going to see a nutritionist.

So I've been at this new gym for about a month. Easing back into strength training. I've done this long enough to know I have to give my knees long enough to strengthen / stabilize. I carry most of my weight in my butt / legs so a hard lower body work out can put me out of commission for days. Last week when I realized I was pressing 210lbs on the seated squat machine I knew it was time to move to the bar. The seated squat is great but I don't think it uses nearly as many muscle groups as the barbell. Two days ago I squatted 90lbs 15x5 with the barbell, 5 sets of deadlifts, and 5 sets of this interesting quad / calf machine. Needless to say it hurt to move yestesrday. I barely got 5000 steps. The crazy thing is the barbell left a bruise at least 5 inches long across my shoulders!!

This morning I WALKED 30 minutes on the treadmill, light 30 min row machine workout, some upper body, and a lot of stretching. The stretching/fascial foam roller really loosened up my legs. I feel much better now. Maybe I'll try to catch up with v_girl's steps!
          Last edited by MAPPLEBUM; 01-08-2016, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• For anyone who is on the fence about getting a FitBit, mine has been super motivating. It's even better now that so many ladies from here are on there. I've got to work hard just to keep up!

Comment

• I'm glad you're feeling better MB, but now I'm playing catchup again, LOL! I think [MENTION=1358]v-girl[/MENTION] might have the win in the bag for this week though.
              Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                I'm glad you're feeling better MB, but now I'm playing catchup again, LOL! I think [MENTION=1358]v-girl[/MENTION] might have the win in the bag for this week though.
                Haha! I am not turning down desserts or adult beverages though!

Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• haha that'd be a real challenge, if it included calories consumed as well as expended!!

The chance of getting 10k+ more steps today are pretty small...I think V's gonna take the crown!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                    Haha! I am not turning down desserts or adult beverages though!
                    Nor should you, you're on vacation.
                    Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                      For anyone who is on the fence about getting a FitBit, mine has been super motivating. It's even better now that so many ladies from here are on there. I've got to work hard just to keep up!
                      ITA! I got mine for Christmas and I have managed to move my lazy ass at least 10K steps everyday since. As an added bonus, I've even lost 4.4 pounds since Christmas and I haven't even been all that good about eating right. Initially I got it solely because DH wanted a buddy to compete with and now I think I'm more motivated than he is.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

• Ahhh that's awesome!!

Comment

• Mardi Gras season has begun. King Cake = gotta go log some steps!
                          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Accountability group

I'm consistently tracking on lose it and it isn't so bad. I went over a little yesterday but it was worth it--shared half of a peanut butter pie slice with LadyMoreta and had an excellent cocktail at a hipster place with WolfpackWife! I added 300 calories to my assigned goal to account for nursing and I'm losing and not have any supply issues, so I think I can keep going at this rate for awhile.
                            I do hate that it takes exercise calories and adds them to your "eat me" pile. I try and keep those separate so when I do go over, they are accounted for somewhere

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Edinburgh Winter 5k stood up to it's name today. It was freezing. Tried to warm up but then cold in the pen at the start line. Brutal hilly start, 330ft climbing then downhill

Felt I could have done better if warmed up well and not stuck behind runners on the hill. Nailed a few PB's though! My brother in law came 24th out of 3000! Talented guy. I came 680th and, cough, beat DW!!

Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice time!! Congrats!
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X